TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 March 2007
I previously purchase The Ultimate Challenge and found that absolutely excellent, so I decided to try this one as well and it is just as good (except the music is not so motivating as in the Ultimate Challenge).

You start off with a 10 minute warm up of jogging and stretching and some squats then move on to the 40 minute cardio workout which consists of running on the spot with arm exercises, there are squats in this session as well just to make your legs really feel the work out!!!! The bar at the bottom which monitors your time : I don't have a problem with that, to be honest, I mainly have my eyes fixed on the trainer and not the time indicator, and it seemed to pass quite quickly.

The third workout is arms (which I found quite tough!) with or without weights, push ups which were ok - five sets of ten, abs and then bottom exercises!!!! All good fun! You will end up with buns of iron!

It is very similar to the Ultimate Challenge (as this one was recorded before that no doubt), but all the same, it is a brilliant workout, and the instructor I think is great - he barks his orders out and it snaps me into action!!!

I would recommend this workout to anyone who wants to get fit and/or lose weight ... !!!!
on 31 January 2008
This is a pretty good workout. The cardio section is brilliant, and it can be modified to suit your level of fitness i.e. marching on the spot whilst doing the arm actions. From start to finish (including the upper body and floor work), it's a long session, but who says you have to do everything! I usually do the cardio section, then alternate the upper body and bums/tums/thighs sections on different days.

I've got 2 more of Nell's dvd's, so I'm used to Liam (the instructor), and his sargeant major style. I must say that he seems a lot more cheerful in the other dvd's, and even has a bit of a laugh. He's a deadly serious man in this dvd though, and he really does bark HOLD! a little too often for my liking.

I prefer the music on Nell's other workouts, but saying that, this music is lively to exercise to, just a different style.

As with Nell's other workout's, the moves are very easy to follow. Not recommended if you live in an apartment with a creaky floor though!

Ok, you could go jogging for 40 minutes instead of doing the cardio section, but if like me, your not a fan of jogging, or just want to break up your routine with something different, I reckon that this workout is really effective.

If your looking for great cardio and strength work, this should do the trick. It is high intensity, but you can simplify some of the moves if you wish. If you're after something a bit less intense, I'd recommend Nell's Maximum Impact.
on 25 March 2006
After 3 months of baby step dvd's which includes mindless chatter and self promotion, I came across this, read some reviews and decided I was ready to un with the big dogs (no pun intended in any way shaoe or form!) I crossed my fingers that I was at least marginally fit & got this one. Boy oh boy! My biceps and thighs have shown remarkable development already, after doing this for the last 2 weeks 5 times a week, and I can now leave for the station 5 minutes later than usual because the cardio has kicked my lung capacity up a notch or two. It has to be said though that the others are spot on: it is intense, very hard work, and that is exactly what I like about it! I have just ordered the other two - Nell is the way to go as far as I am concerned! Pity no one told the chap in grey that it is perhaps not the best colour choice when you are doing a high energy workout and being captured on camera ...
on 4 August 2009
I like this work out as it combines a challenging 40 minute cardiovascular workout with a challenging section to tone your arms and then some mat exercises.

In comparison to Nell's Ultimate Challenge I would say this gets me more out of breath. There are fewer squats during the cardiovascular section but there is more time devoted to legs in the floorwork. The press-ups are easier than Ultimate Challenge but the section for arms with small weights is harder.

I would recommend this to anyone and I think it's fantastic. The instruction is perfect for me, however if my husband ever catches me doing this he gets annoyed by the instructor shouting 'hold' a fair bit.
on 23 April 2009
This workout appears to be the 'prequel' to ultimate challenge, ultimate results'. It has the same format and instructor, and is set as a bootcamp style fast paced workout. I tried this yesterday and almost collapsed in a heap on the floor many times throughout, it really works up a sweat. I love Nell McAndrews workouts, they are great cardio workouts and are great in combination with further strength training.

There is a 10 min warm up, a 40 min workout and then some floor work concentrating on mainly arms and abs and a cooldown. This workout has millions of squats, lunges, arm movements and jogging on the spot. It keeps you constantly moving and the strict, but not too menacing, instructor kept me motivated to keep going. I knew he couldn't see me, but really wanted to keep up with everybody else in the 'class'.

This video might not be suitable for beginners, but I was a beginner and just did as much as I could of this and other videos, slowly working my way up to finishing the workout as my fitness level increased. So, whatever you're fitness level buy this video and work up to it!! It's worth it, and a great bargain!
on 30 June 2012
It's HARD work and simple, easy to follow but still challenging to complete. If you want to tone up and loose weight this is great. It can also be one in a really SMALL space, enough to lie down for the situps and swing your arms. I love the counter bar at the bottom of the screen on the main workout. The toning section works you hard too. The first time I did this I didn't put my sports bra on and just did my own low impact version, marching and lungeing when I should have jogged and jumped and I STILL got a great workout. After a few weeks I can see the improvement, doing the high impact all the way through, although I still don't use weights yet. I use it in conjunction with easier dance based workouts for variety.
on 20 January 2015
Had this since it first came out and still enjoy it. I rotate with Nell's other dvd's and enjoy the different backgrounds and music with each one. I like to do at least one Nell dvd each week along with other cardio and conditioning sessions.
on 18 March 2013
I bought this as a used disc for a couple of pound and put off putting it on thinking it was going to be quite frothy and maybe too easy, it's anything but. Works brilliant if you only have a small space and the sections up to the floor work are one solid hour of a workout, as they are basic steps it's easy to modify if you were struggling.
The arms section is a killer - had to do it without weights for a few weeks till my shoulders could take the strain.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 January 2013
best home work out dvd i have used. actually work up a sweat and work hard not like half these home work out dvd's where you're doing pansy moves that wouldn't get a flea fit. if your'e looking for a great CV and core workout where you feel like you've actually been to the gym then use this! I also noticed a significant weight loss / tone with this (along with healthy diet of course) using it 3 times a week or so. her other dvd's are also great and i own 2 more to give a little bit of a mix up.
on 30 August 2009
I am replacing my favourite exercise videos for dvds.

This being one of them.

You need to have a good level of fitness, or you will soon run out of steam!

A goal to work towards to though, so don't be put off by my comment above.

There are no complicated moves also.

One piece of advice, have a bottle of water very very close!!