on 27 March 2017
Rubbish, a few exercises and a lot of waffle from someone else's writing. Don't buy this you'll be disappointed. Save your moneys
on 18 July 2014
As an author I realize the importance of positive thinking and positive outcomes. Even though life - and my books will have instances that can be considered negative, it's how we turn the outcome around to a positive is the challenge. This 33 page book (and I emphasize the page count so there is no misunderstanding this is not a full length text book) contains many useful tips that will at the very least remind us what negative thinking can do - depression etc., and hopefully put us on the path to more positive energy. Overall, the book was well-written, and contained good useful information. I plan to keep it on my Kindle for reference.
on 12 February 2015
This well set-out and accessible book lays out stratagems for learning how to think positively when facing life's challenges and not succumb to negative thinking. There are some great techniques on how to avoid or mitigate anxiety and depression, and, even more importantly, escape from falling into a rut of failure and depression where you always expect things to go badly. The author teaches us how to use and instill optimism and gratitude in achieving this, as well as techniques that help us to accept reality and keep things in balance. He draws on some of the pioneering work of the Serbian author and mystic, Zivorad Slavinski, and describes fascinating methods and strategies to face down and alleviate problems. Check this out.
on 2 January 2015
An excellent deconstruction of the Negative Thinking and Self-Talk subject by one of the new gurus of self-help. Colin Smith wastes no words, and summarises the state, the approach, and the execution to help change your life for the better. Whether you're a therapist or just a friend to someone with these issues, this book will give you a clear route to the heart of the problem, and a complete tool-kit for intervention and guidance. Good stuff, well written!
on 8 January 2015
Our mind is an interesting thing. We can use it for self prosperity as well as for self destruction. We can achieve either result by just positive or negative thinking. I have this habit to think negatively and reading books like this one, really helps me to turn things around.
This book contains some good ideas, - for example The End of the Words is very interesting technique discussed here.
I would like to recommend this guide to people who are interested in making their life more satisfying and meaningful.
on 4 January 2015
Great book, the author shows in a very neat style that negative thinking is a habit with lots of bad consequences which can in fact be turned into a positive thinking by applying the techniques taught in this book like VRE (verbal reduction and expansion), how to notice negative thinking patterns and how to change negative thoughts. I recommend this book to anyone who knows someone that suffers from negative thinking so that they can use negative thinking to their advantage instead of being victims of it.
on 27 December 2014
I know for me personally, negative thoughts have a way of controlling everything around me. When I am surrounded by negative thoughts or just wake up in a ‘mood’, my whole day can be a disaster, which is why I picked up this book. Colin G. Smith really explains why negative thoughts can be so controlling and provides great information on how to overcome those negative thoughts to live a more positive life. I definitely will be reading this book again and recommend this book to everyone.
on 30 December 2014
This is one of those books that should be used as a quick boost when things aren’t going or seeming well. As the author states, this is about, “Facing challenges instead of avoiding them, looking for the best in others and focusing on one’s abilities instead of weaknesses.” Negative Thinking: How To Transform Negative Thoughts And Self Talk Into Positive Thinking (Quick Start Guide) by Colin G Smith is just what is says and is well worth the read. Five stars.
on 8 December 2013
This is another excellent and highly focused workbook from Colin G Smith, who is skilled at distilling the modern techniques and thinking on therapeutic subjects into easy-to-follow practical solutions. The central thread here is that your internal negativity has a disproportionate effect on every aspect of your life. The exercises offer various tried and tested methods for changing your outlook, and reaping the benefits. An all-round solid contribution.
on 27 September 2013
I've suffered from depression, to different degrees, throughout my life and have read much on the subject. This book offers some excellent techniques to deal with, and more importantly recognise, when negativity is about to take hold - making it easy to manage and stop the feelings becoming overwhelming. I highly recommend this book to help you gain control of your feeling and banish negativity!