on 29 December 2016
I needed some umbrellas for practising my flash photography at a session run at our local camera club. It's something I am not sure I will get into in abig way so did not want to shell out a lot of money on gear at this stage. Seeing these Neewer umbrellas at an affordable price, I thought i'd try them and was pleasantly surprised. They are not pro quality but perfectly serviceable and will probably last quite a while with careful use. They work far better than I expected. I did some test shots through them to see how even the spread of light from my flashgun was and it is very good, as long as you take care to point the flash head as close to the centre of the umbrella as possible.

They arrived quickly and came well wrapped and fit firmly into my cheapish light stand adapters. The results at our flash session were really encouraging and the quality of the images through these modifiers was radically improved compared with bare flash.

I would certainly recommend them to those wanting to try out flash modifiers. I am delighted with them and will keep them for some time before considering more expensive ones.
on 5 April 2017
Nice cheap umbrellas good for throwing light everywhere. Obviously they're umbrellas and can like all umbrellas suffer from hotspots and things like that. These ones are on the small side so if you really need more diffusion go bigger but for something portable they're great. If you do a fair bit of shooting it's kind inevitable one will get wrecked sooner or later as is par for the course with these things. It's much better to go for the cheapest options you can as there is so little difference when it comes down to it. 2 brolleys for under a tenner is pretty good!
on 22 May 2017
Couldn't possibly beat the price.
on 30 June 2017
Works, no prob
on 23 September 2014
I bought these knowing they were a 'budget' product. I say that deliberately. I just wanted 2 small shoot-through's for use with flashguns on remote triggers, for location and studio portraiture. For this purpose they're a nice and viable alternative to direct flash where the latter is not desired!

Nice and small, easy to take out and about, I use these at weddings at different stages and they do really well. Lots of opening and closing already, and thus far standing up to it well.
on 7 March 2013
Two brollies for £6 - bought these to give me a portable alternative to my soft boxes and they seem to do a decent job - in reflective mode they will have limited use as they are fairly translucent but they still give a nice effect
on 4 February 2012
Excellent value for these two umbrellas, would have to pay far more for these if they were European brand and would probably end up doing without if I was working to a budget.
on 7 March 2013
Very useful items, it came nicely packaged and very quickly too. It fits perfectly into the shoe which I had bought. Looking forward to using this prodcut more in the future.
on 13 April 2013
These are fine for the money. They are not the best quality, but they do what they are suppost to at a very low price. No complaints from me here.
on 1 October 2012
2 brollies for under 6 quid - where's the catch. The good news is there isn't one, these brollies are an absolute bargain, they give a beautiful quality of light and are ideal for a small home studio set up or off camera flash set up (I used them with 2 Yongnuo 560 mk2's). There brollies are exceptionally well made for the price and look like they will last for quite a while , although at this price they are almost disposable. Highly recommended.:)
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse