on 1 November 2009
The think with these books is to be gentle patient and take it as you can when you can.
I had it a long time before getting into it and then once I read around it, looked at the web site, listened to reviews and watched utube snippts and listened to audios, I got the message and had the patience to read the book.
A nice philosophy of living with and not challenging everything you encounter but in even the most negative situation, looking for the positive side, taking responsibility for own and actions and not being expectant...

I like this work and use it in my life and to encourage others. Always used similar philosophies in my rehabilitation and coaching/ nursing work.
4 people found this helpful
on 6 February 2013
Brilliant book and author , Just ask your true self the questions and turn them around its so true !
Also recommend the book " Who would you be without your story "
on 17 January 2010
I found this book and Katie's method very helpful in dealing with my long-term anxiety problems.

Her method is similar to CBT, but more straightforward, easy to use and much more effective as a result. What was especially helpful to me is what she says about negative thinking and how it is necessary to find a stressful thought that is causing the way you feel. For years I've been struggling with debilitating physical symptoms of anxiety. I have used CBT with some success, but most of the time I was just feeling unwell, while not really thinking any negative thoughts (or so I thought). It might appear straightforward, but even my therapist of 3 years could not explain this to me in a clear way, when I kept saying that I have no negative thoughts to challenge - 'I do not think anything, I am just feeling ill'.

I have noticed a big improvement in a way I feel and my general attitude to life and stressful situations.

Unlike some other reviewers of her books, I did not find Katie Byron patronising: she communicates in a simple way that some might find simplistic, but, for me, her method really works, and the benefits definitely outweigh the minor annoyances her communication style might cause.
18 people found this helpful
on 5 November 2009
I really like this book, I have read it (quickly) once and am reading it for a second time now. The concept is so simple and effective it becomes mindblowing. It helps me to uncover the positive person that I am inside! I think I will purchase more of her books over time even though I'm pretty sure a lot will be repeated (4 questions...).
7 people found this helpful
on 27 May 2005
Byron Katie is an enigma. She espouses no spiritual beliefs, no codes of conduct, no rules. She simply helps us to investigate our thinking and applies this simple model to various problems in our lives that cause us intense pain. There is nothing out there to top this for it's simplicity and the results The Work can bring about. Will appeal to anyone from any background. For anyone who's ever had a problem or felt victimised (all of us, right!?) buy a copy NOW!
36 people found this helpful
on 17 August 2008
A wonderful book that is full of different examples of how people can think and react to situations, a must read for everyone. If you have not behaved in this way or had these thoughts about relationships you will know someone who has!
16 people found this helpful
on 30 September 2010
Wonderful, simple, funny, practical, human. Refreshingly down to earth and full of kindness. A gift from the heart to all of us.
2 people found this helpful
on 30 October 2007
It's a must for everyone, everywhere, It's is life changing and it's so simple. Just buy it Now
12 people found this helpful