Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £2.03 UK delivery
Need for Speed: The Run (PC DVD)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Windows Vista / 7
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
It's called The Run. An illicit, high-stakes race across the country. The only way to get your life back is to be the first from San Francisco to New York. No speed limits. No rules. No allies. All you have are your driving skills and sheer determination as you battle hundreds of the world's most notorious drivers on the country's most dangerous roads.
In Need For Speed: The Run, you'll weave through dense urban centers, rocket down icy mountain passes and navigate narrow canyons at breakneck speeds, all the while evading a relentless police force prepared - and willing - to use lethal force to take you down.
Online multiplayer with up to 16 players. Options available Supercar Challenge, NFS Edition Racing, The Underground, Mixed Competition, Exotic Sprint, and Muscle Car Battles.
- From the Golden Gate to the Empire State: Compete in The Run, an illicit race across the most iconic and treacherous roads from San Francisco to New York. There are no rules and no allies in the cities, deserts, mountains and canyons than stand between you and the finish line.
- You are Jack's competitive edge: Jack is in a race for his life, but he's got something the competition doesn't: You. Keep Jack one step ahead of the dangers from his dark past, both inside and outside the car. It's up to you to get Jack to New York in one piece and ahead of the competition.
- Beat your friends: Connect to Autolog. Compare your times against those that matter most. Compete to be the best. Autolog now tracks your entire career - making every second of every race count in the battle to be the fastest to New York.
- Racing powered by Frostbite 2: The powerful new Frostbite 2 engine, created by the award-winning DICE studio, advances technical achievements to deliver a gameplay experience with an unprecedented le
- OS: Windows Vista SP2 32-bit
- DirectX: DirectX 10
- Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Equivalent
- Memory: 3 GB
- Hard Drive: 18 GB
- Graphics card (AMD): 512 MB RAM ATI Radeon 4870 or higher performance
- Graphics card (NVIDIA): 512 MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance
- Sound card: DirectX Compatible
- Keyboard or Gamepad or Steering Wheel
- DVD Rom Drive
- Online: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Stages come in various types: "Gain X Positions" where you have to move up the ranking by a specific amount in a set distance. "Make Up Time" where you effectively time-trial the course and then "Battle" stages where you race more skilled drivers over an indefinite distance head-to-head and have to be ahead of them when the bell rings. You win cars and minor adaptations to your car (e.g. the size of your NO2 bottle) with each race and there are unlockable challenges for each stage that increase the replayability of the game. The scenery alone in Death Valley, NV will keep me coming back again and again. The soundtrack is incredible to boot; a track from the Black Keys' new album is also present, and that hasn't even been released yet!!
Where this game falls down are the annoyingly stupid cut scenes where if you don't bash space, return or left arrow within a split-second placement you die instantly and have to watch the cut scene over.Read more ›
Worse than this though is the online play voice chat , which cannot be switched off or turned down , so you're forced to listen to people shouting in languages you don't speak , or playing loud music , etc etc.
shame on EA for turning their back on PC gaming.
I love the challenge as the balance is just right. Not too easy and some of the later levels are really difficult but they keep me coming back for more and this is the winning formula in any great game. The graphics are superb with lightning, snow and avalanches which leaves snow and boulders on the road which you need to dodge at high speed. It is this sort of playability which is rare on the PC. Unlike others in the NFS series, there is less emphasis on police chases as this occurs on the earlier levels only really. The whole game is about competing with other races. This is what I like the most. Don't get me wrong, I love NFS: Most Wanted and a little less, NFS: Carbon (which introduced driving off high cliffs to the NFS series), but what I really love about this game is it's all about racing against others. There's no driving about aimlessly looking at your map trying to find rivals to race with so it brings a new dimension to the game. You are put straight into the action at each level with some very nice cut scenes with actor, Sean Faris, from the movie Never Back Down (one of my fav action films) right away.
Great graphics and effects which provides challenging and varied gameplay
Great lightning by Frostbite - same people that worked on Call of Duty.Read more ›
1) The game requires the installation of Origin - the EA version of Steam. This means, in theory, that the game has no resale value, so if that is a concern there's no need to read further.
2) I was unable to install the game from the disks, of which there are two. This isn't an isolated incident, as you can see from at least one other review here. There are two solutions that I found. First, download the game from Origin. Second, take a trip to Gamer's Corner at gizmonext.com where the method involving copying files to your hard drive and unzipping them using Winzip, the free trial of which lasts 30 days, worked for me.
If you are unwilling to download 15Gb and unable to fathom the workaround, again there's no need to read further.
3) The game seems to be optimised for the XBox controller, so if you don't have one... well you know the score.
4) On a few occasions you have push buttons/press triggers when prompted to complete cutscenes, some on foot and some behind the wheel. While this doesn't ruin the game, it does mean that if you are unfamiliar with the controller you have to repeat a section until you get it right. This can get a little tedious but the sequences aren't that long that you need to overly tax your memory, although it does detract from the racing.
5) The game suffered some random crashes, no pun intended.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
have to download from web site and doesn't work on my pc.Published 8 months ago by Mr. Peter Bailey
you have to register this then pay a huge amount to bye the game again. rubbish then you have to bye a printer to send it back toPublished 10 months ago by micheal newitt
Steam and origin alike are the worst thing to happen to online gaming. Seriously uncool, control freaks. The game of this type needs better engines for the game to work properly. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Mr D
This gamer is also very entertaining trying to run across the US in a targetted time, some of the levels are really tricky and will test youPublished 15 months ago by S. Taylorson