on 16 September 2010
I bought this along with another Micro macrame Book. Of the two, this is my fave, yes it is small, doesn't have step by step pictures but the stunning designs more than make up for it. I want to create every single design in the book - it's that good!

In response to the previous reviewer, you don't necessarily have to use the thread or cord she recommends, you can use what you have. The beauty of Marcame is that you can be flexible, once you have mastered a technique, the type of cord or thread you use doesn't matter. By the way you can get the threads and cords she recommended, do an online search. I don't want to break Amazon rules so I can't recommend the online shops I got mine from.

This is a great book for anyone who wants to their Macraming to another level. I love Macrame because it is so relaxing and can be addictive.

Happy Macraming!
on 1 September 2009
I have been making jewellery for several years now and tried Chinese knotting which I didn't get on with at all. This book however really is easier to get along with. You need very few tools - a cork mat, pins, scissors and thread but you may already own most of these. There aren't too many projects but enough to teach basic techniques. Even though I mostly make my chains from bead work or bought in silver, this makes a nice change and it looks far more natural with my felted beads. I only gave it 4 stars because for me there wasn't anything exciting or ground breaking. Worth a punt I reckon provided you can tie knots!
on 12 June 2010
Has a few interesting bits along with basic instructions and some useful ideas. Some of the cords called for may be difficult to source in the UK but with a bit of ingenuity others could be substitiuted. For the price this is excellent value.
on 15 October 2012
I love doing different kinds of craft, but am hindered by large hands and small amounts of patience. I recalled my father doing macrame on a larger scale back in the 70s, and thought - as we are alike - I could manage micro macrame... if I could understand the instructions that is! I ordered this book, turning out to be smaller than I anticipated, and turned to the initial instructions. I used string as a first material as I guessed this would be easier to knot - and cheaper - than the proper cord. I fancied making a spiral braid... and to my delight, half an hour later - thanks to clear, coherent and well-organised instructions - I had 4 cms of spiral and a new craft to enjoy.

I recommend this book, for its coherence and organisation. It is so clear to follow. Even when you get to the pages showing how to make various items there is a clear reference back to the appropriate instruction diagrams. I congratulate the author.
on 10 January 2011
As always Suzan Millodot has created a beautifuly illustrated bokk with clear instructions and many ideas. Her writing style is easy to follow and even an amateur like me is able to create quikly beutiful and elegant jewellery.
I highly recomend it!
on 10 June 2012
I purchased this book as a starter point for revisiting macrame following my initial interest in the 1970's.

I found it a good buy for the money with good diagrams and plenty of projects to keep me interested.

Well worth the money.
on 29 August 2012
I had been showing my daughters how to make friendship bracelets and this popped up on Amazon as a recommendation, when I read the reviews and previewed what was in it it renewed my interest in macrame so I ordered it and thought it was well set out with good pictures and instructions
on 11 August 2013
I've been wanting to make beaded jewellery for a while now, I got some books from my local library but they seem very advanced. I have some other titles in this range a as I also knit and crochet which are excellent. This book looks perfect for a beginner combining beading and knitting- as most kids do I have made other knotted bracelets. In fact I'm off to explore the bead shops of London tomorrow so I can started. Fingers crossed it goes well :)
VINE VOICEon 6 April 2014
As I have said before I think these 20 to make books are excellent value for money. I have wanted a go at macrame for quite a while so amlooking forward to following the good clear instructions and having a go.
on 1 December 2010
If you want to or are into making your own jewellery this is something different. Very pleased with this book. I am now hooked on Mico Macrame. With practice you can master the different techniques and can customise your own designs. Some are a bit tricky, but you develop your own method of working.