- Hardcover: 492 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 2014 edition (18 July 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9401789223
- ISBN-13: 978-9401789226
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 2.7 x 23.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,289,917 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Near-critical and Supercritical Water and Their Applications for Biorefineries (Biofuels and Biorefineries) Hardcover – 18 Jul 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The book provides fundamental chemistry and properties of near-critical water (NCW) and supercritical water (SCW), criteria and challenges/solutions in reactor design for NCW and SCW processes, and up-to-date reviews and practice of a wide range of their applications in biorefineries including: production of hydrochars from biomass, SCW oxidation (SCWO) for waste treatment, SCW gasification (SCWG) of biomass and waste for hydrogen and methane production, hydrothermal liquefaction of biomass, production of chemicals, and SCWO of biofuels for energy. It also presents techno-economic analysis of hydrogen production via SCWG of biomass. The book will be highly essential for both academic researchers and industrial practitioners for developing novel biorefinery technologies and processes employing NCW or SCW for treatment of various organic waste streams and production of bio-energy and bio-based chemicals from bio-renewable resources.
Prof. Dr. Zhen Fang is leader and founder of biomass group, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
Dr. Chunbao (Charles) Xu is currently an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering and NSERC/FPInnovations Industrial Research Chair in Forest Biorefinery at Western University, Canada.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Energy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Energy Technology > Alternative Energy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Materials Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Forestry & Silviculture
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Education
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Energy Engineering