on 9 February 2014
I chose this rating because I love reading aloud. I read these stories to my daughter and found them charming. I purchased this book to read to my mother who is 87. I was delighted to find a 10p copy of some stories and read these to her and know she loves them. She often said in the past there was nothing to talk about. she doesn't need to keep abreast of the news now. she lays down like a child and listens while I read and show her the pictures which she loves of a past time. So I recommend the books to be read to children also they can easily be remembered for role play in the play house at school. Naughty is not extreme naughtiness in these stories it is a spirit in a child that wants to do things in their own way and bad Harry is not in an extreme way that makes him a poor role model like for instance Horrid Henry. simply written in a loving way when different values applied. Classics in my opinion funny sweet and still useful today.
4 people found this helpful
on 18 July 2017
Excellent book for my six year old granddaughter as all the Naughty books series.
Granddaughter loves the stories and these books have enhanced her reading skills.. recommended
Top Contributor: LegoHALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 17 January 2013
My six year old daughter loves this book, which I cannot believe has been in print for over fifty years. I remember reading this myself as a girl and I read my daughter the stories, which I have in a gift book The Complete My Naughty Little Sister Storybook. However, now she can read them alone, she found the large book quite hard to hold and this paperback version is ideal. The print is larger than in most paperbacks, and also well spaced, making it easier for younger children to follow and the illustrations are included. There are fifteen stories in this first volume, which include all sorts of events any small child will understand and relate to - for example, going to a pantomime or a party, making friends and having a wobbly tooth. Delightful, warm and funny, this is a fantastic book of stories to read alone or together and should be on the bookshelf of every child.
on 21 May 2017
My great niece has not put this book down. She laughs out loud when reading this as it reminds her of her own little sister.
on 2 August 2012
Bought this to read to my 5 1/2 year old at bedtime. I remembered it from when I was younger so decided to download to the kindle. I was a little concerned that he wouldn't get too much from it as he's a big Harry Potter fan, which is quite different(but the latter books are probably too much for him so we've had to stop on the Goblet of Fire book)and i've been looking for some other stories for him. I needn't have worried- he has a little sister so can relate to the 'naughty' things she does. He loved it and kept asking every night to have 'just another chapter'. Great books and would recommend
One person found this helpful
on 27 September 2017
Brilliant! Funny and sweet adventures. Read to children from 3 years. Read themselves from 6/7.
One person found this helpful
on 15 March 2018
A delightful little book and great to share with young children who love to hear stories of other children's naughty behaviour - don't we all
on 3 August 2017
My 7 year old son loves this book! He has a younger sister so finds t hilarious and can really relate to it. He will read me a chapter then I'll read one back or he'll just quietly read to himself.
on 4 April 2018
This is a lovely book I bought it as gift however my kids also have a copy and they love the stories as much as i did as a child
on 11 June 2011
I remember purchasing this book from a school book saving scheme way back when I was in reception class. My daughter is 6 and takes this into school to read during the apppointed 10 minute reading sessions. It is a little quaint perhaps but each chapter represents a story in itself and therefore, perfect to ease the transition from story books into a novel. My 3 year old daughter is also enjoying the stories. Great for children who have younger siblings.
6 people found this helpful