Nature's Numbers: Discovering Order and Pattern in the Universe (SCIENCE MASTERS) Paperback – 30 Oct 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A mathematical sightseeing tour of the natural world from the author of THE MAGICAL MAZE
About the Author
Ian Stewart is Professor of Mathematics and Director of the Mathematics Awareness Centre at the University of Warwick. He was awarded the 1995 Michael Faraday Medal by the Royal Society for his significant contribution to the public understanding of science.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Perfect if you want a high level overview, not so good if you're looking for a more challenging read.
It's not a bad book as such, but, for example, his more recent 17 Equations that Changed the World subsumes everything in this one, treading over much the same ground but in more detail, and more exciting detail at that.
Stewart's starting to churn them out now, and I'm not completely sure he has enough to say that he hasn't already said.
Often the Quantum physics guru's go on a bit and really they don't know or can prove as much as they will freely admit - String theory Mtheory etc...they have an idea of the universe and thats what gets published.
Read Martin Rees "just six numbers" and you will understand what I mean.
If we find the Higgs boson...now that will move things on a bit.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > History of Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Philosophy of Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Mathematical Theory
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy