Natures Clocks How Scientists Measure the Age of Almost Everything: How Scientist's Measure the Age of Almost Everything Hardcover – 27 Jun 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The heart of the book reveals ingenious science."--"Library Journal"
"A helpful handbook on how we are now able to travel to the distant past."--"Publishers Weekly"
"For time-conscious readers, Nature's Clocks provides satisfaction beyond measure."--"Washington Post Book World"
"Guaranteed to improve one's understanding."--"Natl Cntr For Science Education"
"Rich in historical tidbits."--"New Scientist"
From the Inside Flap
"A lucid and engaging account of the scientific revolution that changed the way we think about our planet and ourselves."James Lawrence Powell, author of "Grand Canyon" and "Mysteries of Terra Firma""See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > History > Archaeology > Methodology & Techniques
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Physical Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geology
- Books > Science & Nature > Experiments, Instruments & Measurements > Time
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Geology