Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 July 2013
I bought this book because I wanted to know some particular facts, and this looked like a good place to start. I found much of the information I needed and it isn't the author's fault that some of it wasn't there. He presumably didn't write this book in 1996 with my particular needs in mind in 2013.

I had thought that I would buy this book and sell it almost immediately but it still sits on by bookshelf. I ended up reading lots of it, enjoying it and learning lots about forests.

It's an academic book about forests - but if you have a brain and an interest in woodland you may find this interesting.
on 3 August 2014
Good, but hard to read from cover to cover. It reads more like a textbook, which is fine, but I found it less engaging than Oliver Rackhams Woodlands book.

That said, it is a good reference book from a very knowledgeable author.
on 23 September 2013
I will be writing on whether or not UK forestry is preparing for climate change in the choice of tree specieis to plant now for the future and this book is helping me in writing my thesis
on 29 November 2014