- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
The Natural Navigator Paperback – 6 Mar 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"The Natural Navigator is a wonderfully stimulating book. Tristan Gooley sidesteps technology to celebrate our own powers of observation, and suggests that the art of natural navigation is something we should never have forgotten" (Michael Palin)
"Gooley is a fine writer with a philosophical passion for the subject ... his advice is at times glorious in its simplicity and fascinating in its execution ... his advice is so well structured that even enthusiastic amateurs will find plenty to get to grips with" (Laurence Mackin Irish Times)
"Wonderful... This is the sort of charming and inspiring book you want to recommend and buy for others. A must for any lover of the outdoors" (Tim Jepson Daily Telegraph)
"The best nature writing changes the way you experience the world. Tristan Gooley's The Natural Navigator will teach you how to find your way using not just the moon, sun and stars but spider's webs, tennis courts and even ruts on a track. He throws in entertaining anecdotes from the history of navigation and from his own impressive Atlantic journeys, but really he's giving you an addictive hobby, and a newly refined sense of time and place" (The Sunday Times)
"You enjoy the walk more if you're trying to spot the little clues rather than look at the map" (Evan Davies)
Fully updated edition of Tristan Gooley's classic, The Natural NavigatorSee all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
If you spend time outdoors and enjoy improving your understanding of that environment then you will probably learn from this.
- Some understanding of "normal" navigation is probably best before reading this.
- I would suggest this is not a book to read from cover to cover - pick one topic at a time, perhaps starting with something with which you already have some knowledge.
- Reading the book is just a start - to retain the understanding using the techniques will be needed.
This is not a perfect book IMHO:
- Too little is made of the achievements of the author
- Greater use of diagrams would enhance the text
- The writing could sometimes be a little more concise.
Superb book, I have already recommended it to many.