Customer reviews

on 3 July 2013
New to beekeeping and starting down the Natural Beekeeping road, guidelines are frustratingly scattered and confusing.

I found David's previous publication, The Bee-friendly Beekeeper, excellent and informative. As such, I placed an order as soon as I heard another book was due to be released.

My initail impression was one of disappointment as it seemed to be a re-written version of the first book. However, that turned out not to be the case.

The sub-title of the book is 'A Manual' and that is exacty what it is. Yes, it does have many parts that are the same as the first book, but without most of the background information. This is coupled with lots of new information and complemented with many images. As such, it becomes a book that will be referred to frequently throughout the season; and this brings me to my criticism.

The paper used is thin to the point that text shows through from the other side. Also, the photographs are poorly produced giving an impression of a cheaply produced publication. It doesn't have the same feel as the first book which is a joy to read.

Bottom line is, I'm glad I have both books but will be refering to the 'Manual' on a regular basis. I expect to have to buy another copy when it wears out and would be willing to do so.

Highly recommended for information but publication could be better.
15 people found this helpful
on 26 April 2014
I have read numerous books on beekeeping and this is by far the most inspiring.
Having been interested in more natural beekeeping approach for a while - now I can't wait to get my saw out!
3 people found this helpful
on 15 January 2016
Great book for a beginner
on 21 March 2014
This is another brilliant book by David Heaf and with the plans anyone can make a Warre hive and enjoy keeping bees. Than David
2 people found this helpful
on 30 December 2014
If you're thinking of running a Warre hive this book is a must!
on 5 July 2015
All about the Warre Hive.
on 29 March 2015
good and informative book if a little expensive for that it is.
on 11 February 2016
Very useful material. Would be fivestars but for the photos, which are not very well printed.
on 25 June 2016
Extremely detailed and helpful for any Warre bee keeper
on 2 April 2015
Good book with good explanation of the topic.