- Actors: Elizabeth Taylor, Mickey Rooney, Donald Crisp
- Directors: Clarence Brown
- Format: PAL
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: U
- Studio: Warner Home Video
- DVD Release Date: 25 Aug. 2008
- Run Time: 118 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (69 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B001A4PNJS
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 67,542 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
National Velvet [DVD] 
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Young Velvet Brown (Elizabeth Taylor in the role that made her a star) wins a horse, christens it Pie and determines to enter it for the Grand National. She trains Pie from her Sussex home with the help of friend Mi Taylor (Mickey Rooney), but needs the assistance of her mother (Anne Revere) when funds start to run dry. The climactic race was actually filmed on a Pasadena golf course.
Top Customer Reviews
This film is super rare on Video but does not exist on DVD UK encoding if you own a multi region machine you can by the U.S. version which is just the same film but made for the U.S. region.
I am not a fan of old films there are few I will watch but most will make turn off this film is one I will watch.
If you ride yourself or you just like horses this film will delight you. This film does show its age with the rule that females weren't allowed to race at the National at one time.
This film is a great buy and I urge you to buy this film now or run the risk of never getting a copy as even as you read this it is getting even more rare than you can believe so stop reading and buy it NOW!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Top notch for those out there who grew up with the old style film.
I bought this for my Wife as an Anniversary present (along with Internation velvet) and to say she was... Read more