- Actors: Nicolas Cage, Harvey Keitel, Jon Voight, Diane Kruger, Sean Bean
- Directors: Jon Turteltaub
- Producers: Jon Turteltaub, Jerry Bruckheimer
- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Subtitles: Dutch, English
- Subtitles For The Hearing Impaired: English
- Audio Description: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 2.35:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: PG
- Studio: Buena Vista Home Entertainment
- DVD Release Date: 25 April 2005
- Run Time: 126 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (206 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B0007MZLIC
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 9,637 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
National Treasure [DVD] 
|Additional DVD options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
A family promise to locate and protect an ancient treasure hidden 200 years ago sends Ben Franklin Gates (Cage) on an incredible action-packed adventure, but first he must steal the map hidden on the back of the of most protected document in U.S. history, the Declaration of Independence!
Like a Hardy Boys mystery on steroids, National Treasure offers popcorn thrills and enough boyish charm to overcome its rampant silliness. Although it was roundly criticized as a poor man's rip-off of Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Da Vinci Code, it's entertaining on its own ludicrous terms, and Nicolas Cage proves once again that one actor's infectious enthusiasm can compensate for a multitude of movie sins. The contrived plot involves Cage's present-day quest for the ancient treasure of the Knights Templar, kept secret through the ages by Freemasons past and present. Finding the treasure requires the theft of the Declaration of Independence (there are crucial treasure clues on the back, of course!), so you can add "caper comedy" to this Jerry Bruckheimer production's multi-genre appeal. Nobody will ever accuse director Jon Turtletaub of artistic ambition, but you've got to admit he serves up an enjoyable dose of PG-rated entertainment, full of musty clues, skeletons, deep tunnels, and harmless adventure in the old-school tradition. It's a load of hokum, but it's fun hokum, and that makes all the difference. --Jeff Shannon, Amazon.com
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
originally watched as rental, decided to buy
Both NT 1 & NT 2, Recommended movies.
Best one of the two cannot wait to watch it again
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you want breathless adventure, thrilling escapes, and don't mind that it plays more than a little fast and loose with history and science, there is much to enjoy here. Read morePublished 4 months ago by S. Brackenridge
An excellent movie! Nicholas Cage and Diane Kruger give great performances.
Exciting throughout with plenty of twists but above all it's good fun. Read more
An american treasure hunt that is fun to watch, but not in the same league as Raiders. Not enough action and the absurdity can be annoying.
A generous four stars.