Narrative CBT for Psychosis Paperback – 7 Jan 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Narrative CBT for Psychosis is a clearly written text describing the potential for integrating solution-focused and narrative-based approaches with CBT for psychosis. It provides practical examples from the authors’ experiences with this novel approach." - David Kingdon, Professor of Mental Health Care Delivery, University of Southampton.
"Rhodes and Jakes have achieved an ambitious goal. They have assimilated several therapeutic traditions into a coherent set of techniques and principles that can be deployed to reduce the suffering of people with complex psychoses. This book will provide new and important ideas for practicing clinicians and clinical theorists alike". - Hamish McLeod, School of Psychology, University of Wollongong, Australia.
"This is a significant contribution towards developing integrative therapeutic approaches to psychosis that combine a search for meaning and understanding with a practical interest in finding what works for the individual. The authors offer an innovative and inspirational synthesis which will be valued by all who seek to make sense and make progress in supporting people who experience psychosis to recovery."- Dr Glenn Roberts, Consultant in Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Recovery, Exeter & Lead on Recovery for the Royal College of Psychiatrists
About the Author
John Rhodes is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist in the Department of Psychology, Brent (CNWL Trust), Lecturer on Clinical Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire and Honorary Lecturer at University College London.
Simon Jakes is a Senior Clinical Psychologist on the Sub-acute Mental Health Unit at Campbelltown Hospital, South West Sydney, an Honorary Fellow at Wollongong University and an Honorary Associate at the University of Sydney.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The appendix provide template assessment guidelines, interview schedules and basic rating scales which have been useful in my practice. I would recommend this text if you intend to work or are working with clients with psychosis or are just interested to read more about these techniques in complex populations.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Jung, Carl
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z