Narrative Art in the Bible (Understanding the Bible and Its World) Paperback – 1 Jun 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"It seems to me that in regard to its level there is nothing which can equal it in the entire scholarly literature in this field."
The arguments in these chapters are well-balanced and lucid; a good rhythm of theory and practice ensures a constant stream of to-the-point observation on style, material, and disposition. Jan P. Fokkelman--Jan P. Fokkelman
It seems to me that in regard to its level there is nothing which can equal it in the entire scholarly literature in this field. Uriel Simon--Uriel Simon
"Bar-Efrat's...book is relatively free of such technical jargon, and when these terms do appear, they are simply and clearly explained.....the book is particularly useful to introduce those who may already be somewhat familiar with the Bible to basic concepts involved in reading it as narrative, although they are left hanging if they want to pursue such concepts much further....his narratological insights remain valuable, and his own writing style is accessible to a wide range of readers."- George Aichele, "The Bible and Critical Theory, "Vol. 1, Number 3, 2005
About the Author
Dr. Bar-Efra is Head of Biblical Studies at the Hebrew University Secondary School, Jerusalem.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Bible Studies > Old Testament > Criticism & Interpretation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Reference
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Sacred Writings > Hebrew Bible (Old Testament)