Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 13 February 2014
A complex subject but covered with clarity and great scholarship. This would be of considerable interest to anyone concerned with studying the Bible.
on 3 May 2014
I read this one as the last of the three. It is the one that reads more like a text book, but I would use the word 'methodical' rather than 'repetitive'. Maybe it's practical use is not as immediately apparent as the next two, but it lays an important foundation, without which the next two would be weakened. For that reason, though, I would probably recommend reading them in the order I did: 2, 3, 1. Or even 3, 2, 1: if you are not comfortable with the practical implications of what he is saying, why bother with the theory?
on 19 December 2014
excellent scholarly acount of the New Testament language of powers, related also to extra-biblical literature of the period. Very helpful indeed in underswtanding what the NT is actually saying
on 9 December 2016
Great book, well worth the read, excellent author
on 16 February 2012
This is one of the most tedious, repetitive and boring books I've ever read. Actually I didn't finish it, life is too short in my opinion to waste so much time ploughing through this. Sorry Mr Wink, I understand that its a recommended text for many theology courses, but as I wasn't studying for a formal academic qualification, I decided to quit reading it!

It is a pity, because I do think that this book would be more readable and interesting if it was severely edited, say reduce the word count by approximately 50-75%, as it does make a valuable contribution to the exploration of the subject of the "powers and principalities of this present darkness."
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse