Tekken 6 (PS3)
- Gorgeous Graphics! – The advanced high definition graphics and 3D animation tech-
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 16 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 16. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 16 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Standard Edition
Armed with new HD graphics running flawlessly at 60 fps; the largest character roster ever in Tekken gaming history; ground-breaking online game modes and robust character customization system; the greatest fighting game franchise soars onto the next generation of consoles.
Master 40 unique fighters representing the world’s top martial arts styles, including 34 beloved characters, such as Jin, Heihachi and Kazuya, as well as 6 brand new characters with unique fighting styles and combo systems. Prove your supremacy against players from around the world with online VS mode, create new characters and customize them with every imaginable detail. With new dynamic, interactive and destructible Environments, punching your enemies through concrete walls or through floors can open a whole new battleground.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
But the bad bits of the game. Well there's not really any easy way of saying this but the 3D campaign thing is crap! Ok maybe crap is a bit harsh, but its just really annoying small stages which are just straight roads with a couple of right angle corners with a bunch of weak enemies and a boss at the end. The story doesn't really make any sense what so ever. But the arcade, survival and team modes are all great fun, but to get the best customizations you need to play the campaign but in the campaign you dont start with all the characters so if your favorite character is for example Kazuya Mishima, you have play most of the campaign before you get any items for him! Really annoying. But thats the only bad bit the combat is amazing awesome 10-hit combos crazy characters and great scenery and music. Great with a friend. Reminded me when i was 10 on my ps1 playing tekken 2. Great graphics, great combat, great game.
the first 1 hour of tekken 6 was very disappointing, the first thing i noticed were low resolution character graphics i said to myself damn what they have done to the graphics its not even 720p and the blockiness resembles playstation 1, my heart sank and thought that its plain waste of money.
the second off putting this was the disc load time, which was way too long if you compare to teken 5 DR online. after sometime i just turned my ps3 off and took a break with just a sad heart. went online to google the remedies. In no time i had some solutions...
Turned back on the ps3, started the tekken disc and the first thing that i did was to install the tekken on harddsk.. this option is available in the options menu - other settings.. it took about 4-5 mins to install, than according to my research i had to turn off motion blur which increases picture quality.. after doing these two things i went back online to try a couple of matches...
now IMMEDIATELY I COULD TELL THE DIFFERENCE now they are much much better no more blockiness... although graphics are 720p but the movements, sounds affects just make the whole experience outstanding.. addition of new characters with new features is good too.. i never had problem playing online no lag whatsoever maybe coz i applied the online update just before i played the game for the first time...Read more ›
Good choice of characters (though some are very similar)
Some niggling annoyances in the menu system (especially the sound effects
Not sure how they continue to drag out a non-existent story line over 6 titles?!
In the beginning, Tekken was a new way of creating a fighting game. As has been pointed out by others, it certainly took over what Street Fighter had fulfilled on the SEGA MegaDrive II console. Only, this was to an extend "better". Buttonlayout was more simple, and 2- or 3- combo moves absolutely possible without breaking your thumb trying to perform what in SF would be thought more of as physical exersize than actually having fun.
So where did Tekken go ? Well, up the ladder, for many years - finally.. on the PS2, we reached "Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection", which in my opinion was (and still is) one of the best Tekken games ever made. Needless to say - my expectations to yet another sequel have been very high.
Now I've recived the game.. I've been wondering when I should try it out, and tonight was my choice. Though it's been a while since I've kicked some serious B-hind with Tekken 5, an old dog may be hard to teach new tricks, but certainly remembers his old ones very well. Thus, to me - it's been a pleasure to experience over the years, that most of the moves with the different characters in question have been preserved. In this way, when you bought a new Tekken title, it wouldn't force you to practice everything all over again from the very start.
To test the game, I thought that "Offline Arcade Mode" would be a great start. But oh boy what a disappointment I was in for. I'll try and keep my critisism at a polite level - so please have me excused if you disagree or think I'm being too harsh.Read more ›
- Pick up and play - Controls are straight forward and make the game easily accessible for newcomers, whilst at the same time having alot of depth for the more experienced players. Prime example of easy to pick up, hard to master.
- Very fluid gameplay, great graphics and awesome sounds effects.
- 40 characters to choose from! You will not be moaning about the amount of characters to play, each with their own wide range of moves and special attacks to learn and enjoy.
- Interactive environments - Smack opponents into walls, smash them through the floor, etc.
- Plenty of game modes - Scenario mode (Big part of the game, allows you to unlock alot of the custom items, endings, etc. It's a fleshed out Tekken Force mode or like a 3D Streets of Rage style game), Arcade Mode, Survival Mode, Ghost Mode, Practice Mode, Online Mode, Team Battle mode, etc.)
- Tons of custom items to get - Customize the look of your character in tons of ways! From Cowboy Hats to Bikini's, you can fully customize your look and save it for battles.
- Online play - As of the time of writing this review, the game suffers from SERIOUS input lag when playing online for the vast majority of people, this makes the game damn near unplayable online and no fun at all. If you want the game for this mode, then do NOT buy the game until a patch comes (if it ever does) to fix this.
- No CO-OP play for scenario mode, seems odd they didn't include this, and though it's not an issue for me, alot of people will wonder why its not there.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used product but totally impressed with its state, it seems to be new!
Very happy with my purchase, very good game!
Oh God its so bad. Weird camera angles, weird story and weird missions. I wanted old tekken. Pick a guy, do a tournamenty thing and win. This was just awful.Published 7 months ago by john
The game was in excellent condition. Worked perfectly finePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
Product as expected, great graphics and a variety of characters to play with. Enjoyed playing the team battle also.Published 8 months ago by Kaneez Khan