F1 2014 (PC DVD)
- NEW CIRCUITS – Race the new Spielberg circuit in Austria, the new Sochi Autodrome in Russia and the return of the Hockenheimring,
- ALL THE CARS, ALL THE STARS – F1 2014 features all of the new season’s driver changes up and down the grid.
- EXTENSIVE MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS – Prove yourself in two-player split-screen or online in 16 player races.
- DRIVER EVALUATION SYSTEM – Tune the game to your level following a one lap race.
- RACENET – Track your stats with RaceNet, Codemasters’ free online community hub.
- TURBOCHARGED FORMULA ONE – Experience the raw power delivered by the new turbochargers.
- EXPANDED SCENARIO MODE – Complete an increased range of scenarios based on real-world racing.
- ERS DEBUTS – ERS delivers drivers more power automatically and opens up overtaking.
- REFINED HANDLING -Enhanced game physics deliver a more authentic and accessible driving experience.
- ENHANCED CAREER MODES - Play through a full FORMULA ONE season or choose from shorter seasons, including 7 race and 12 race options.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Feel the power of new turbocharged FORMULA ONE cars in the most accessible FORMULA 1 video game yet. F1 2014 features all the cars, drivers and circuits from the 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including new tracks in Russia and Austria, the return of the Hockenheimring in Germany and the 2014 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX which ran at night for the first time in 2014. A new driver evaluation system which tunes the game to your level, shorter career options, refined handling and new Very Easy difficulty level brings FORMULA ONE alive for absolute novices. Experienced gamers can customise their settings to enjoy a more serious simulation of the demands placed upon FORMULA ONE drivers. An expanded Scenario mode, extensive online multiplayer options and split-screen racing enhances F1 2014’s recreation of the world of FORMULA ONE for long-established fans and newcomers to the series.
Top Customer Reviews
It may say F1 2014 on the box, main menu and indeed the commentator may even say this is 2014 several times throughout the game; the sad reality is that it just doesn't feel like a new game and I'll explain why. First, a bit of background info before I review the game based on what I've see so far:
I can remember back in 2008 when the new partnership between Codemasters and F1 was agreed and everyone of an F1 and gaming persuasion immediately started to drool with anticipation. Despite several issues in the original game back in 2010 it was by and large a huge success and a great starting place, aided because we didn't have anything to compare it to. Subsequent outings (2011/2012/2013) have all brought new things to the franchise besides the new look cars and driver line-ups although even the most hardened of F1 gaming fans would have to admit that the changes over the years have been evolutionary and not revolutionary and that's being generous!
Out of the previous 4 games, 2013 was clearly the best one principally because of the new classics area which featured cars from the 80's and some old school tracks like brands hatch, aside from that the changes between each one has become less and less obvious as time has gone on.Read more ›
- Improved AI, they will take the outside line to pass you and even double overtake cars on the track. They also seem a little more aggressive.
- Graphics are superb although again, my previous F1 game was console based and it may just be that the PC has been better all along.
- New tracks and drivers, not really a pro I guess but the tracks look great as do the cars.
- More realistic, I've nearly completed a season and I've had wet races, yellow flags, safety cars, AI retirements and AI penalties.
- Driving physics, they are great the cars are responsive and without the assists can be quite a handful to drive.
- Realistic damage MOD, this is a MUST for all hardcore fans.
- Fuel usage rules don't seem to have played a part in the game.
- Without the realistic damage MOD, it takes an almighty crash to lose a wheel and it just isn't satisfying. This has always been a problem. The realistic damage MOD fixes this but it should be a standard option on the game without me having to MOD.
- AI still not perfect, they seem to be able to pass you on the outside but never can really complete an overtake on the inside line very well - they get beside you then slam the brakes on and drop a second on you straight away.
- The first corner, again year after year the run up to the first corner of every race sees the AI slow to an almost stand still for little reason.Read more ›
A lot of the early reviews of F12014 suggested a "copy and paste" of the previous version - this is unfair and inaccurate. The handling of the car is much more refined. The wheelspin is still there, in fact more so! The cars feel very nervous - The increased torque of this years cars has been simulated and you will loose the back end if accelerating too hard out of corners and when accelerating too hard through certain sweeping bends. The difference this time though is that I seem to have more control/influence over it. I accelerate gradually out of turns in much the same way as I did in F12013, but this time there is no wheelspin - If I accelerate too hard i get wheelspin - the way the game handles it feels so much more accurate and fair. This makes for a much more enjoyable experience.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Its good but they should have not took the krs out of the game it would have been even better with it still in .Published 6 months ago by andy davidson
Visually pretty good and playable and can use joystick although not immediately apparent you need to get into it before option is visible, not from start menu's.. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Stephen Midwinter