on 30 April 2013
When I ordered this book I was a little concerned as the first edition had poor reviews but I plan to study for CCNA DC and this was recommended. I am very impressed with the depth of technical detail, which expects the reader to be familiar with switching and routing. Although I have not started my DC studies I appreciate the configuration examples included using best practices fine-tuned in the field by the writers.
For a new comer to this field of networking I have already learnt so much through the clear explanations, and look forward to reading more on NX-OS. This is THE book to have by your workstation when setting up Nexus equipment as a source of reference.
on 17 March 2015
Minus some duplicated figures/diagrams. This book is fairly light read with not too much technical deep dive. Perfect for those starting their Cisco Nexus journey. If you're looking at this for just the CCIE written exam i'll say there isn't too much depth in this book to warrant it but will definitely kickstart you on the CCIE DC journey.
on 9 March 2016
Smooth deal, thanks
on 29 December 2014
Good insite to the nexus products
on 28 January 2015
Not that impressed with this book, the config examples are difficult to read in that instead of defining say a class-map as cm-my-class-map Ron writes cm my class map, you have do a double take when reading since it's not clear which words are part of the command and which are the names he's defining. The text also repeats itself when describing say the 7k vs. the 5k assuming similar features. All-in-all it's OK but I found CCO more informative with better explanations.