Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Sep 2010, 09:47:04 BST
Raz says:
The version as Amazon.com at the USA has 14 disks comapred to this version which has only 10. Both version has the same run time (2070 m). Does NTSC take up 40% more space? As far as I know PAL has more lines in the picture which mean better resolution and sharper image than NTSC. this should result in more discs for PAL, not Less.
Can anyone explain this?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2010, 11:55:03 GMT
Badwolf says:
the NTSC version also contains the first episode of Grace & Favour, which was the follow on to Are You Being Served, plus an episode of Allo Allo, these are not included in the UK version, don't know about the running time unless they have editied the original episodes

Posted on 3 Jan 2011, 16:56:19 GMT
Does anyone know if these DVDs are subtitled in English?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2011, 11:55:04 GMT
Damian says:
Yes they are.

Posted on 14 Feb 2011, 23:43:10 GMT
Phelings says:
NTSC runs 4% slower than PAL which is why a movie on NTSC dvd will usually be a couple of minutes longer than the PAL version and why Blurays are also longer than dvd's.
I would think the main difference on the NTSC set will be less episodes per disc.

Posted on 10 Jul 2013, 23:37:36 BST
Last edited by the author on 10 Jul 2013, 23:38:29 BST
Ronnie D says:
I've heard the Region 1 DVDs are uncut, whereas the Region 2 version has been subject to communist editing. I think 'German Week' is one episode badly affected and someone else said 'No Sale' had a line removed. Are 'The Father Christmas Affair' and 'Roots' intact?.
Does anyone know exactly which episodes have been doctored and had lines removed?.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  23 Sep 2010
Latest post:  10 Jul 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.