Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£10.99

on 15 August 2017
Easy to read translation. Kindle version v convenient
on 25 July 2017
This is one of the best bible I have had used
on 26 March 2013
Liked this version, easy to read and find what you are looking for. I was able to go backwards and forwards to different books very quickly.
on 22 August 2012
This is a good version of the bible and has the added value of including the apochrypha too. UNfortunately it is not set up with a search function so it is difficult unless you just want to read it straight. I often want to refer to passages in different places that are related but cannot find them easily. I was a little disappointed as I was used to being able to search for passages using a different system with Olive Tree software on an ipod touch. I prefer the NRSV translation and to read it on Kindle too but not as easy as I had hoped.
on 9 April 2013
I love this translation, and all those I've asked seem to approve of it, as it is readable and facilitates understanding of the text. The Kindle version is well laid out and attractively presented.
I do not agree with some of the other reviewers that the navigation is cumbersome, as you can link to a chapter of any book easily, and then page-turn to the verse(s) you want. You'd spend longer looking a verse up in a printed Bible, I suspect. I have enjoyed using it with Reflections for Daily Prayer (another great book), and found no problem in getting to the required passages of the Bible.
What finally did it for me was the price. At under £3 you really can't go wrong.
on 13 March 2012
I like it but find it difficult to find the books of the Bible quickly.

I wouldn't be without it.
on 11 May 2013
I had a paper edition already but my kindle version was an affordable alternative to carrying it everywhere outside the house. It took a little while to get used to the navigation interface, to get to the desired chapter and verse, (I recommend a little practice before using it in church services or lectures, otherwise you could be searching for the passage long after the preacher/lecturer has finished reading it!) but once I got the hang of it it became instantly enjoyable.
on 28 April 2015
Fantastic. I use it frequently. You cannot jump from verse to verse, but you CAN move easily from chapter to chapter. It's well done. I would recommend this. It's it sometimes hard to find an NRSV translation, and especially one with what the Protestants call an Apocrypha and what we Orthodox call part of the Bible. It is well worth the money!
on 4 January 2013
Not much point reviewing content, but very convenient not holding either a very heavy book or turning very thin pages. Allows it to be easily transported and thus read at odd moments. Being the E book version it is not so easy to text notes, but that might improve with experience.
on 16 March 2013
This is a perfect version of the Holy Bible. Very accessible, modern version, nicely set out. Best Bible for me personally.