on 9 January 2017
I wanted this table to allow me to sit and colour in my chair whilst watching TV, as I've found bending over hurts my neck. This table fits the bill. Adjustable to various heights, light weight and on castors for easy manoeuvring and the tilt top is perfect. It even has a small edge so that the book sits without further support, which at first glance I didn't think would work.

Comes flat packed, but is easy and quick to assemble and delivery was very quick bearing in mind it was over Christmas.
on 29 December 2015
It is maybe not fair to say that this is product is not as described, but please be careful when ordering. I wasn't.

The table itself is well made, sturdy and easily assembled, and is good value for money. Unfortunately it does not do the job i intended for it, which was to go under an armchair for our elderly mother to eat off. It is described as being an "overbed and chair table" but is is limited to 'chairs with arms' - NOT an armchair in the sense of an easy chair with anything like wide arms. In this case it simply does not extend far enough and there is only a short length actually over the lap, which is not enough to be at all practical.

True, the pictures show a narrow, hard back chair with arms and not an easy chair type armchair. True, I should have read the descriptions more thoroughly and measured up carefully and maybe I would have realised it would not have worked. Fine for a bed, fine for a more upright chair - even with arms - just not what we had in mind.

So, be careful or you too may end up with a table that you can't use that is not worth paying the shipping costs to return it.
on 12 May 2015
This has turned out to be really useful. Its stable enough to eat from, and I like the fact that I can easily angle it to make a work surface. I bought it because I had a broken ankle and couldn't move, but will continue to use it.

There are NO INSTRUCTIONS in the box. The only help is the picture on the packaging. That's a bit rubbish. However, its very easy to assemble, so it could be worse.

I've had to buy a bunch of mobility type accessories since I broke my ankle, but this is one that I can see being useful even after I get better. Decent price, reasonably sturdy. Good VFM.
on 4 March 2017
A very functional piece of furniture. I use it to place my computer monitor in front of me while sat in my arm chair.
It is good to hold a few KG's of weight and you could easily use it for eating.
It slides out of the way easily on a carpeted floor.
It needs a clear 3 cm of height to slide the legs under a chair.
One word of warning, my wife calls it "fugly" to be fair it is not the prettiest of things. I do have to hide it away when not in use.
on 13 October 2017
I bought this for my elderly, disabled husband. It is sturdy and extremely useful. We use it for it’s intended purpose and the Carers use it for all the paraphernalia which they use when they come to wash and dress him. It is quite heavy to manoeuvre but ok if you take the brakes off! I think the instructions were clear but the 12 granddaughter from next door put it up for us when we gave up . Maybe, when all else fails, read the instructions.....
on 16 February 2017
Excellent but just found I could have got it on NHS !
on 22 August 2017
I have limited space and could not fit a regular desk and desperately needed something that would allow me to work on my laptop. The table took just a few minutes to assemble, no difficulties at all. The legs fit under my couch which means that when not needed, I just push the table inwards and it doesn't take any space. My only gripe is that sometimes the locking wheels become loose by themselves so I need to regularly unlock and lock them again just to make sure to avoid any nasty surprise!
on 5 October 2017
Easy to assemble and quite sturdy. Comes with assembly instructions but it is very easy to do. Just the right size for TV Meals or reading the paper or working on a laptop. Very impressed for the money and it was delivered within 24 hours !!

Word of warning. I have an electric "riser" armchair and the legs on this table DO NOT go under the chair. It doesn't really matter tho' as it sits nicely in front of the chair, within easy reach. It is very easy to move having casters on.

Very impressed for the money.
on 17 August 2017
Bought for my grandmother who has extremely bad arthritis. It is a brilliant aid and slides under her seat perfectly. Came with a few marks around the edges etc that appeared to be caused by postage but otherwise excellent. Also it was £10 cheaper buying on amazon than direct from the NHS.
on 27 April 2017
Really robust! Adjustable, unwaveringly strong - attractive, too: what more could one desire in a chairside (my preferential usage) or bedside table. AND, it adjusts to an angular preference, for those inclined to art work. For the asking price, a very good deal, indeed.