on 2 April 2013
This item arrived this afternoon in the biggest box I'd ever seen, at first I had no idea what it was until I opened the box.

This reacher is light and very easy to use. It's long enough to reach the end of my bed which is ideal and light so that anything I'm picking up is easy to manouver. It lifts even the smallest of things with ease, such as a pencil off the floor.

I'm hoping this product continues to live up to the expectations and my first impressions. I'm very pleased with the price of it and the ease of use and would definitely recommend it to anyone wishing to buy a reacher.
59 people found this helpful
on 1 August 2017
There are a few different grabber sticks on here and this is good but not as good as the yellow Classic Pro that I was given in hospital when I had my hip replaced. They both have their pros and cons. This one has the advantage that you can swivel the end to reach under things or change direction, but the magnet is not even strong enough to pick up my tiny glasses case top (and the Classic pro can). Integral shoe horn on this but I haven't used that yet.
on 9 November 2016
I am very happy with this grabber it is so easy to use, love the way the grabbing end can rotate to pick up the difficult items that may be placed the "wrong" way around for a normal grabber . The little blue attachment that isn't shown in the posted picture we buy from is so handy .. I can attach it to my over bed/chair table pole and also my elbow crutch which saves me struggling to carry the grabber to different room while using 2 crutches.

Very well made and pretty sturdy.

Highly recommend the grabber and the company who delivered it so quickly and well packaged ...thank you xx
on 7 November 2017
I purchased this to reach the top shelves in the kitchen, it only has the rubber grip on one side of the grabber, therefore, plastic, glass or anything with a flat surface slips along the other plastic side. Why didn't the manufacturer put the rubber on the both side is beyond me, I total waste of money.
UPDATE, total waste of money, this is only good for very lightweight items.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 11 April 2018
I bought this reaching aid eight months ago and have found it to be indispensable. As someone with Fibromyalgia, I struggle with several things that other people may do without thinking about it. Some of the purposes I use it for include:
Picking things up from the floor
Closing and opening the curtains (the sofa is in front of the window)
Reaching items at the back of broad shelves
Holding Kent Car Care GKEQ2429 2-in-1 Microfibre Noodle Wash Mitt - Assorted Colors to clean hard to reach places
I am not exaggerating when I say I use it every day at least once and it is not showing any signs of wear and tear.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 January 2018
Amazing thank you. I have COPD and unfortunately picked up the Christmas 'flu with very serious infection also. I cannot lean or bend or walk about or I am like a fish out of water and cannot breath. Someone brought me an old grabber to try to see if it helped. It did so I thought I would get my own so they could have theirs back. I find it absolutely amazing and extremely helpful thank you. I would recommend to anyone with leaning, bending reaching difficulties or reach
3 people found this helpful
on 1 May 2018
I bought this to use after a hip replacement operation and cant emphasise enough how amazing this has been. The hospital supplied one for me as well but it was shorter than this and not as strong. This gadget has given me so much independence while ill so I don't have to rely on others so much and no one can believe how many uses I have found for it. I can draw and open the curtains with it. Pick dropped items off the floor (very useful after a hip op as you are not allowed to bend over for 6 weeks) including garden peas which had dropped off my dinner plate! I can reach across a distance to get something I cant quite reach. I use it for loading and unloading the washing machine and tumble dryer. It is also brilliant for aiding getting clothes and socks on and off. I can get saucepans etc out of the bottom kitchen cupboard as the grip on it is quite strong and I have also used it with the dustpan and a long handled sweeping brush instead of a traditional dustpan and brush. Hope this is useful to others.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 February 2018
We use this all the time in our household. His name is grab grab and he helps us to grab so many things. We wouldn't be without this tool in our house and can't believe how we managed before. Not only is it great for hard to reach places, like when something falls behind the oven or the sofa, but it's also good for picking up dirty or yucky things you might not want to touch. The trigger is very easy to depress and would be good for someone who struggled with grip strength. It's also pretty strong if you had to pick up something on the heavier side. It's very good quality and would definately recommend as even bought an extra one for my mother in law.
One person found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 March 2018
This is great and looks robust enough for me to use. A sign of getting older.

I bought this item and a dressing stick at the same time but I didn't realise they wouldn't be delivered at the same time. The stick came first and the driver joked that the last time she saw a box that size and so light, it was a calander. Well the box was huge. I got a little worried it was just a box of paper as I couldn't feel the stick. And then, wrapped up in about twenty feet of paper padding, there was my tiny stick. I had a mountain of paper sitting on top of a huge box and a two feet long piece of stick the circumference of your big toe. Well, we had a giggle, took a few pictures and amused our friends for a while.

And then, another knock at the door and another driver presented a box that was twice as high as the earlier one and had much more paper in it. Well the grabber thing was not too far away from being similar in size and shape. Another battle to extract it from the paper. So, I piled the boxes on the settee and scooped up the paper and positioned my new purchases in front, just like a pair of golf clubs. It was a remarkable picture.

I did wonder about complaining but it was just one of these things that happen, it made an otherwise dull day into a bit of a giggle. My son went nuts when he walked in and saw the monstrosity. We couldn't get much of it in the blue bin so my son had to take most of it to the recycling centre. At least the pile of paper and cardboard will have a second chance at life.
on 28 March 2018
I love this combi-reacher, I am in a wheelchair and it is so useful, not just for picking things up from the floor but for closing curtains and even reaching light switches. I have three - one for the bedroom, one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen. I have also recommended them to a family member with mobility problems, and he loves them too.

My only criticism isn't of the product at all, but of the way it's packaged. The last one I ordered came in a huge box with loads of paper packaging inside it too, which is completely unnecessary. It almost put me off ordering again, but I love the product!
One person found this helpful