Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 November 2011
I'm aged 32 (but young at heart) and I found myself immediately drawn to the Hands on Bible, instead of the more traditional versions of the Bible.

It is well written, well researched and provides frequent illustrations; activities and thought-provoking exercises. All of which encourage and enable the reader to learn in a multi-sensory manner. Overall I would highly recommend this to both young and older readers alike.
on 2 February 2013
I bought this edition for my 9 year old son on his birthday 3 months ago and we have been very pleased with it.
He is very happy with it and proudly asked for his name to be written in the space in the inside front cover where is says "This bible is given to", "by" and "on"
This is his first "proper" Bible. He has an older brother who has his own "International Childrens Bible" which at the time I thought was the best buy for a 9 year old but I haven't found that as good as this version
One main advantage of this version, the New Living Translation, is that it is one of the "popular" versions
It is an option available on our Android tablet "You version" Bible
It is also the version used in the Bible reading notes we use
These are both a great coincidence for my son when we do our devotions together each day: he has his Bible open on his lap to read from, I have our Android tablet with the Bible open on it with the same NLT version, and at the same time have the Kindle version of the devotions we use open on the tablet too
I have found the language very relevant and accessible for both of my sons (my older one is nearly 13)
My 9 year old has got used to how this Bible is laid out and likes to read all the "extras" on the surrounding pages: there's loads of facts, comments, quizzes, comments, things to think about etc. all relevant and pointing to the truths of the passages they are near
There's sections on how to use a Bible, Where to turn in my Bible when I feel... or when I need ..., FAQs about the Bible, other Big questions, a concordance/dictionary, as well as several thicker pages throughout with colourful maps, and details on topics like Heaven, Jesus' birth, the different types of Old Testament books, the 10 commandments etc.
The Bible is a good size for him to handle and has so far proved sturdy enough for him - he is not particulalrlr delicate or careful with his belongings!
My only critisism, which has confused my son a number of times, is the chapter headings at the top of the left page:
If a new chapter starts anywhere on that left page then THAT is the chapter referred to at the top of the page and NOT the chapter that is actually at the beginning of the page
For example, you want to look up Luke 4 verse 31, you flick past Luke 2, Luke 3 and then turn the page and find Luke 4 at the top left. Now, I would assume we're in Luke 4 at that point and would want to start reading where I find verse 31 near the top of the left page, but then I find that can't be right as its half-way thru the Ancestors of Jesus, and not the account of Jesus casting out demons that I expected. Further investigation shows Chapter 4 starts very near the bottom of the left page meaning most of the left page is in fact Chapter 3!

I'm sure we will soon get used to this and therefore am very happy to recommend this Bible with 5 stars *****!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 September 2015
My wife occasionaly takes a Sunday School service at the local church. Unlike the "main presenter" who has been doing it for years, my wife did sometimes struggle to come up with an idea. The Sunday school sessions normally last around 30 mins which involves reading a piece from the bible, followed by an activity and then a prayer. This book is fab. Full of useful activities which links to the bible. My wife has said though that in some parts, it differs from the "main bible" - perhaps this is because the book is from the USA? I'm not a church person but I thought there was only one bible! Apparently not. On balance, my wife would highly recommend this to anyone.
on 5 February 2013
Both my children (11 & 8 years old) love this Bible. The Bible is full of inserts with interesting facts, things to do, funny bits etc. It is well set out and the language is easy to read. It is great to see your 8 year old reading God's word of his own volition.
on 19 July 2013
Got it as a present for my son.
This bible is perfect. With plenty of features and activities that will assist him on his path with God.
If you looking for a cool Bible, don't hesitate to buy this one.
God bless
on 16 October 2011
NLT Hands-On Bible HB revised edVery good written word of the Bible. Easy to read for my 5 year old boy with snipets in between. Very cool way of teaching children God's word in children's lingo!
on 13 March 2013
This was requested for our grandson's dedication. He is still a bit young for it, but will no doubt love it when he's older.
on 17 September 2014
This bible is a must for kids . The colour and pictures would make the children want to always read it . bought it for my 9year old son and he love it . highly recommend
on 25 July 2015
Excellent bible for 7 to 11 year olds approx. Lots of ideas of things to do, which kept the kids focused.
on 27 April 2014
brilliant my son lovd it who is 8 great bible for any one even i love it read it and my other children