NLP Business Masterclass (Financial Times Series) Paperback – 21 Sep 2000
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
Financial Times Prentice Hall
Companies now stand or fall not by the efficiency of their processes and systems but by the talent of their people. NLP is a proven and highly popular set of techniques for developing individual talent and organising and motivating teams.
However, many books fail to demystify NLP, others do not relate to the issues faced by people in the real world of business. There are few options open to professionals who want to learn from NLP and apply it in the world of business.
Like the 5th Discipline Field Book (Senge), this will be the popular big book of NLP for people who want to take giant steps in the world of business. It will explain NLP and relate the theories and principles to current business challenges, and it will host a compendium of practical techniques drawn from leading practitioners in the field
- How do you get the best from your people?
- What's the best way of organising teams?
- How can NLP help us to motivate our people?
- What about incentives and rewards for employees?
- How do you change a culture and keep it alive?
- How can NLP help my people to become more committed and responsible?
- How can NLP help to develop leadership?
From the Author
A view from my desk in Oxford, UK.
So, my third NLP book, and a logical progression of the application of NLP in business. With this book I wanted to give the reader a comprehensive coverage of NLP and plenty of practical ways of using it, drawing on the experiences of the ten contributors. It also provides the main reference for a new course of the same name I am helping to launch this year.
Section 1 covers the key principles - you wouldn't attempt to run a business without knowledge of the basic principles now, would you?
Section 2 describes NLP's patterns and models - the theory behind the techniques. Clearly explained and comprehensively covered.
Section 3 deals with many techniques and includes contributions from ten highly experienced NLP business consultants and trainers. Subjects include: The Risk Wheel (Mark Underwood); How to Achieve Anything (David Molden); Resource Sphere (Marcus Muir); My Perception Becomes Your Experience (Jane Revell); Information Frames for Meetings (David Molden); Anchoring - accessing all the resources you need (Denise Parker); Walt Disney Strategy for Creativity (David Molden); High Impact Presenting (Alan Black); Choices in Time Management (Graham Yemm); Coaching the Presenter (Jon Symes); and more. This section is a compendium of 'how-to' techniques, tools and skills of NLP, proven in the field by leaders in business NLP.
Section 4 looks at modelling excellence and provides both method and technique for being the best at anything. Case examples include: Customer Service Skills; Consulting Skills (Brad Waldron); Killing Habits; A Model Team (Dave Robinson).
At over 90,000 words this is not only a book about NLP, but a practical resource for anyone wanting to effect purposeful change in their lives and in their organizations.
Enjoy.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I started this book an hour or so ago, with the intention of just getting started, promising myself I would read it later in the week. However I really just wanted to carry on reading it, pausing only to send this e-mail. I can't wait to get back to it.
This book is packed with real examples from Molden's career as a training and development manager and subsequently as a consultant. This would not be the place to get a step-by-step in-depth description of every NLP technique - rather, the book is focused on practical applications of NLP to common business problems, and it's all the better for that.
Having said that, the book does cover a lot of NLP material from many sources - even including a "mind programming unit" for turning up or turning down the emotional impact of your memories and imagined events which is inspired (if I'm not mistaken) from Richard Bandler's more recently developed "Design Human Engineering".
There is also a useful section on modelling excellence which, although it may not satisfy NLP purists, is designed so that anyone can use it to get valuable results.
Molden has invited other consultants using NLP in business to contribute chapters on their areas of expertise. Along with his own contributions, this gives us a wealth of applications to areas including customer service, time management, presentations, risk assessment and running better meetings.
The book will be equally useful to two quite different types of readers: managers looking for high-impact interventions without the jargon, and NLP practitioners looking for innovative and practical ways to apply their skills in business.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I picked this up as part of some self development and to see whether NLP really was worth the reading time. Read morePublished on 28 Mar. 2009 by Mia
This book contains the most straight forward explanations of NLP I have ever read. It uses simple, real life examples from the author's own experience to demonstrate some... Read morePublished on 25 Oct. 2003
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Business Process Reengineering
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Human Resources Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Training
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Science
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Coaching & Mentoring
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Operating Systems
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Occupational & Industrial Psychology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks