VINE VOICEon 8 October 2008
Well worth it if you want the Message but want to compare it to the ever-familiar NIV.

The Message makes for some excellent reading of the Proverbs especially. And now that it is numbered, it is easy to follow on.
on 30 April 2009
This has been an invaluable buy. Having the text from the two different translations on the same page has made comparisons between the two so easy. I've used it for study as well as for my own reading. For me,The Message illuminates Gods word like no other, and to have the security of the NIV translation right next to it makes it a brilliant resource.
on 5 April 2009
This is a brilliant Bible if you want to compare NIV text and The Message text side by side. Equally as good to read a passage either in NIV or The Message form. Very pleased with quality of book, speed of arrival and packing.
on 3 February 2013
This was a gift for our daughter. In studying she wanted a message to compare verses with NIV. This does it for you. Brilliant Bible.
It's a good size to handle. Clear text, well set out. It looks like a useful tool that will reveal its worth and blessing more with use and as time goes by.
I would recommend this to everyone whether studying deeply or looking up favourite verses.
on 11 April 2009
This is a brilliant way to compare the two versions of the bible - time and energy saving. Very pleased.
I don't know about the one who's reading this, however when I pick up my bible and read from it I want it to come alive and mean something to me.

The King James Bible I'm sure did this for the people of the day with it's poetic scriptures. By the time we where in the 20th Century we had things like the New International Version and the Good News Bible.

I looked for something else and stumbled across the New Century Youth Bible (see my other reviews).

Now getting out of my youth I started searching once more and found this beauty! NIV one side and The Message the other. Whilst in a service I can read from the NIV and follow the preaching pretty well and then check out the other side for a modern day translation. I generally find myself reading the Message for personal study as it's so easy to read and understand. Makes a great Study Bible too.

My Wife uses the Life Application Study Bible which is also another Gem in the mine.
on 16 September 2009
I thought this would be ideal because although I prefer to use the Message for private study, the NIV seems to be used in Church services etc. more than any other version so if I have this bible at hand I can still follow along.

I find it really handy to have the verses marked out in the Message version (individual verses aren't marked, but rather clumps, for example 11-15).

As is common with larger bibles the paper isn't of great quality. Its that really thin paper that's easily folded and just doesn't have a nice feel to it. That's probably my only real complaint. It doesn't have some of the features that the standalone bibles have - for example the introductions to the individual books. But I can understand why - as it stands the book is a manageable size but much bigger and it would be an unwieldy tome.

For the price though, I can't really complain. Very pleased and I'm glad someone thought to make it.
on 5 September 2009
I have never bought anything through the net and Amason is the first site that i have actually bought something from.'When i first saw this bible, i doubted it cos i actually wanted a parrallel bible but not the NIV/Message.
and because that kind of parallel bible could'nt be shipped to sweden, i decided to give this one a try.
I've always felt reluctant to read the bible cos sometimes i find it very difficult to understant and i really needed a bible with very simple english,thank God for this bible.
The NIV,Message bible is great. i've never stopped reading it from the very first day it arrived. its easy to understand and read. Having two translations makes it more easier and enjoyable to read.
I really do love this bible and i must say that my bible study life as a christian is good.
Its just WOW,WOW, WOW. God bless all those who made it possible for this bible to get to people like me.
on 16 May 2009
The NIV and the Message texts are side by side and very easy to follow. One of the problems I have had with the Message in the past, has been trying to work out the verses in relation to NIV. This is a great way to compare and obtain a better understanding of the food of life.
on 2 September 2009
it got to me quicker than I expected & the product is of top quality, I am more than satisfied. In him is life and the life is the light of man!