- Hardcover: 1696 pages
- Publisher: AUTHENTIC; Revised edition edition (1 Aug. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0310708788
- ISBN-13: 978-0310708780
- Product Dimensions: 14.3 x 4.1 x 21.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,394,974 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
NIRV KIDS QUEST STUDY BIBLE HB: Real Questions, Real Answers (New International Readers Version) Hardcover – 1 Aug 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
We love this Bible for the following reasons:
1. The NIrV is a great translation for our kids because it is accurate, readable (3rd grade reading level) and it is quite similar to the NIV - which is the version my wife and I use and the one our pastor preaches from
2. It is a real study Bible -- not a kid's abridged story Bible. Each book includes a brief introduction (who wrote the book, why was it written, what happens, etc.) and contains the full text of the Bible.
3. The text is easy to read and the look is inviting and interesting so that our kids read and look through it on their own (text is blue and red).
4. It includes questions and Biblical answers to a wide range of questions kids ask. For example, "What is a parable?" and "What is so bad about cheating in sports?"
5. It is a Bible that our kids will continue to grow with (at least, until teenagers, probably).
6. It is good for both boys and girls. We have found that a Bible cover is helpful to add that personal touch (e.g. camouflage for our son and pink for our daughter).
In summary, we love this Bible and think it is a great Bible to help your kids gain a passion for studying God's Word...
But as with EVERY study bible, the notes are not inspired. A parent needs to be part of their child's bible study.
The questions and answers in this bible have some problems. One example is that in their explanation of The Trinity they make a very common theological error called modalism.
But if a parent is involved when you come across errors like this they are God given opportunities to teach and correct. Don't shelter your children from heresy. In life they will come across heresy being taught. Better it be under your supervision in a controlled situation where you can use the opportunity to show them how the mistake was made and to teach them the truth.
My daughter, who has just begun to read, feels proud to have the same bible as her brother's. Now their favorite past-time is to open their bibles to compare and talk about the contents together. It costs a bit more because of the hard cover, but with the heavy daily use, I'd say it is worth the investment.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Religion > Bible Studies > Bibles & Biblical Stories
- Books > Children's Books > Religion > Christianity
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Children's Books > Bible
- Books > Young Adult > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity