- Also check our best rated Wifi Extender reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage CoverLondon General Insurance Company Limited
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown cover including accidental damage.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
NETGEAR Mini N300 Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender with External Antennas (Wi-Fi Booster) (EX2700-100UKS)
|Price:||£14.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£5.00 (25%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Boost your existing network range. External antennas provide better Wi-Fi coverage, while the convenient wall-plug design saves space. It works with any standard Wi-Fi router & is ideal for keeping your mobile devices connected as you move throughout your home.Features CD-less setup great for mobile devices with push and connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup
NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender
From the manufacturer
Wi-Fi Analytics App
How strong is your Wi-Fi signal?
- Use the NETGEAR Wi-Fi Analytics App and get better analytics to optimise your existing or newly extended Wi-Fi network
- Check network status, Wi-Fi signal strength, identify crowded Wi-Fi channels and much more
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Extender - Essentials Edition
With external Antennas for better performance
Wi-Fi Range Extenders boost your exisiting Wi-Fi and deliver greater wireless speed where the signal is intermittent or weak. Improve range and connectivity to every corner of your home with Netgear.
- Wi-Fi up to 300 Mbps
- Works with any Wi-Fi Router
- Fast Ethernet port to connect wired devices
- Convenient wall plug design
- 24/7 basic technical support free for 90 days
- Wi-Fi Analytics App for optimising your network
Product features include
NETGEAR Wi-Fi range extenders help you keep mobile devices, media players and computers connected to Wi-Fi with a reliable connection and expanded coverage in every corner of your home.
NETGEAR Wi-Fi range extenders are designed to work with your existing Wi-Fi Router - helping for easy instalation.
External antennas aid in delivering better performance - allowing for Wi-Fi speeds up to 300Mbps.
The Range extender plugs into a wall outlet for a sleek solution to your Wi-Fi woes. It blends into most environments and is barely noticeable... until you notice a stronger Wi-Fi signal.
|EX2700 - N300 Mbps||EX3700 - AC750 Mbps||EX6120 - AC1200 Mbps||EX7300 - AC2200 Mbps||EX7500 - AC2200 Mbps Nighthawk Mesh||EX8000 - AC3000 Mbps Nighthawk Mesh|
|Placement||Wall plug||Wall plug||Wall plug||Wall plug||Wall plug||Desktop|
|Wi-Fi Technology||Single-band Wi-Fi up to 300 Mbps||Dual-band Wi-Fi up to 750Mbps||Dual-band Wi-Fi up to 1200 Mbps||Dual-band Wi-Fi up to 2200 Mbps||Tri-band Mesh Wi-Fi up 2200 Mbps||Tri-band Wi-Fi up to 3000 Mbps|
|Nighthawk Mesh Wi-Fi||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|One Wi-Fi Name||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|Dedicated Wi-Fi Link for Fast Wi-Fi||✓||✓||✓|
|Ethernet Ports||1-port Fast Ethernet||1-port Fast Ethernet||1-port Fast Ethernet||1-port Gigabit||-||4-port Gigabit|
|Works with all Wi-Fi routers, gateways and ISP-provided gateways (Universal compatibility)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Following the supplied instructions and trying to install via a browser window (page 10 of manual) I was unable to access the router - the address was not recognised and I kept being redirected to a "support page". After an online "chat" I was given a free-phone number to contact Netgear support - this worked easily enough, but the support was next to useless - told me I would not be able to use the extender without purchasing additional software!!!
I then did what I (and probably 80% of the population) normally do and tried to install it without referring to the manual......2 minutes later all sorted and working perfectly!!!!
Hopefully you will not have these issues, but if you do need any help, here is how I did it;
-Plug unit into socket close to router and power on - orange light will show and after 30 seconds (approx) will turn green.
-Press WPS button on left side of unit - second light on unit will start to flash green.
-On your computer look for available wi-fi networks, the Netgear extender will show, click to connect.
-This will automaticaaly open a browser tab (I had the browser open already) with the login page for the extender.
-follow the on page instructions to enter account and security / logon details. Router light will illuminate on extender.
-when this is complete, unplug extender and position in area of house between router and (as close as possible to) deadspots you wish to eliminate. Unit will power up as before.
-On laptop / phone / tablet etc search wi-fi connections for your newly named network and log on.
-hopefully, as for me, it will now work a treat!
Hope this helps!
Edit 14 October 2017 - Thank you to all for your kind comments, I am so glad my review has been helpful and really appreciate you taking the time to let me know. I apologise for not replying to your individual comments.
I have amended my review from 4 stars to 5 stars as the unit has now been plugged in for nearly 4 months and has performed without fault. It has not had to be unplugged / reset and has given me an excellent signal throughout this time.
- Note that the supplied instructions for WPS setup in the booklet are good.
- Plug in the extender relatively near to your hub/router. Power button is amber at first and then turns green. Don't be tempted to plug it in where you have the reception problem!
- Press the WPS button on the extender. The WPS LED on the extender will flash green
- Then press the WPS button on the router. The wireless LED on the router then flashes orange (this will be router specific but valid for the BT hub in question)
- First time nothing much else happened. After about 2 mins nothing had connected and everything had reverted back to the way it was).
- Repeated the exercise and this time the wireless LED on the router illuminated blue (as it should be in normal use). On the extender the WPS LED was now solid green and the router LED was now illuminated (solid green).
- You can now unplug the extender and move it. Placement obviously depends on your circumstances (and whether you are using multiple extenders) but for one extender then find a socket about half way between your router and the dead zone
- Now this is where it is easy to think job done. I assumed the extender would simply extend the use the same SSID as the hub and authenticate automatically any device that had accessed the hub's wifi. But on each wireless device you want to connect, you have to manually select the SSID of the extender. It will be the name of your hub with _EXT appended to the name. If you forget this step then your devices will simply be trying to connect to the hub as before and so you have achieved nothing! Note this is explained in the instruction booklet. No excuses!
- Enter your normal hub/router password and the device joins the new network
- Remember that the extender and the hub/router wireless operate as two separate WiFi networks and so your device will not see it as one network and connect to whichever has the stronger signal as you move around. In fact for me my extender is very central and so now generally works from anywhere
- If I am connected to the hub's wifi network and then move to the dead zone then I will see my device temporarily lose wifi and then connect to the extender's wifi (so for example on a mobile phone then the wifi symbol reverts to 3G/4G and then about 20 seconds later will pick up the extender
- You can check signal strength (to test for optimal placement) both on your device (e.g. signal strength bars) and at the extender where there is a device LED that should glow green (or amber). If red then move the extender. I guess optimally you want it green
- The extender does take about a minute to restart and reconnect if you unplug it and move it and so if you are experimenting with placement then be patient for it to complete its restart and reconnect
- 5 stars? - well I have only been using it for an hour! We will see
- Not sure what happens if you have multiple of these. Do they each get a new SSID? e.g _EXT, _EXT_1 etc. I presume that Netgear has thought of this!
After suffering for almost a year with limited wifi connectivity in our bedroom, I finally invested in one of these and it has only taken me about 3 months to summon the courage to try to use it.
Imagine my delight when it proved as simple as falling over to get it up and running. I followed the very easy instructions in the booklet to carry out the initial set-up, transferred the nifty gadget to the kitchen which is below the bedroom and, hey presto! I now have a solid wifi connection in the bedroom and the adjoining garage. So, now I can browse in bed and watch Amazon and Netflix in the garage without suffering any glitches, pauses or pixellations.
I plugged this in earlier today when it arrived. It has completely transformed the WIFI in the house from some dead zones into full on 19mbps throughout. Stunning!!
So, you no longer have to put up with poor internet from overcharging companies like EE, Vodafone, Virgin, etc. I brought a MIFI, a booster, an unlimited data sim from 3, this gadget, and I now have unlimited internet (200gb downloaded last month with no complaints from the isp), clear WIFI throughout the home, and enough mbps to stream several hd movies at the same time.
I am not tied into a contract either, just a 30-day notice period.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews