- Also check our best rated Wifi Extender reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
NETGEAR 11AC 1200 Mbps Dual Band Gigabit 802.11ac (300 Mbps + 900 Mbps) Wi-Fi Range Extender with External Antennas and Extra Power Outlet (Wi-Fi Booster) (EX6130-100UKS)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Extend network - Extend internet access throughout your home for wireless devices like iPads, iPods, laptops, smart phones, game consoles, TVs and fire TV Stick streaming media player
- Dual band WiFi up to 1200 MBPs without losing a power socket
- Supports 802.11ac and b/g/n WiFi devices
- Extender or Access Point mode button for easy setup
- Simple upgrade to 802.11ac with access point mode and external antennas for better coverage
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
The AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender boosts dual band Wi-Fi range for speeds up to 1200 Mbps and is ideal for HD video streaming & gaming. It supports 802.11ac & b/g/n Wi-Fi devices and enables an upgrade to AC with its Access Point mode. It is great for iPads, smartphones, laptops & more.
AC1200 WiFi Range Extender (EX6130)
Quick Start Guide
From the manufacturer
EX6130 Wi-Fi Booster
Wi-Fi Analytics App
How strong is your Wi-Fi signal?
Use the NETGEAR Wi-Fi Analytics App and get better analytics to optimise your existing or newly extended Wi-Fi network.
Check your network status, Wi-Fi signal strength, identify crowded Wi-Fi channels and much more.
NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender - Dual Band Gigabit
Ultimate Range without losing a power socket
Extend your range to every corner of your home with maximum network power. Establish one super high-speed connection with the dual Wi-Fi bands for your HD streaming and gaming needs.
- Extend dual band Wi-Fi up to 1200 Mbps and reduce interference.
- External antennas for better Wi-Fi coverage and more speed.
- Gigabit Ethernet port – connect a wired device like Blu-ray player, game console or smart TV to your Wi-Fi network.
- Two Wi-Fi modes – extend existing Wi-Fi connection or create a AC Wi-Fi access point.
- FastLane technology – use both Wi-FI bands to establish one very high-speed connection; suitable for HD streaming and gaming.
Boost your existing Wi-Fi with NETGEAR
The Range extender plugs into a wall outlet for a sleek solution to your Wi-Fi woes. It blends into most environments and is barely noticeable, until you notice a stronger Wi-Fi signal.
Connectivity You Can't be Without
NETGEAR Wi-Fi range extenders help you keep mobile devices, media players and computers connected to Wi-Fi with a reliable connection and expanded coverage in every corner of your home.
Connect Where You Want
With all the mobile devices in your home, you want the freedom to move around without worrying about your Wi-Fi connection. NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extenders help to extend Wi-Fi coverage throughout large homes and even backyards. Experience what it means to be truly mobile.
In a Deadzone? Not Anymore.
Is there a void space between your Wi-Fi router and your devices? Add a Wi-Fi Range Extender and strengthen your connection for ultimate experience in connectivity.
|Wi-Fi band||Single Band 2.4 Ghz||Dual Band 2.4 Ghz and 11AC 5 Ghz||Dual Band 2.4 Ghz and 11AC 5 Ghz||Dual Band 2.4 Ghz and 11AC 5 Ghz||Dual Band 2.4 Ghz and 11AC 5 Ghz||Dual Band 2.4 Ghz and 11AC 5 Ghz|
|Wired to Wi-Fi adapter||1-port Fast Ethernet||5-port Gigabit Ethernet||1-port Fast Ethernet||5-port Gigabit Ethernet||5-port Gigabit Ethernet||5-port Gigabit Ethernet|
|FastLane Technology||FastLane feature provides high-speed Wi-Fi on both wireless bands and is ideal for HD gaming and video streaming||FastLane feature provides high-speed Wi-Fi on both wireless bands and is ideal for HD gaming and video streaming||FastLane feature provides high-speed Wi-Fi on both wireless bands and is ideal for HD gaming and video streaming|
|Access point mode||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Extra power outlet||✔|
|Secure connection - WPS||Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)||Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)||Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)||Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)||Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)||Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After adding this the connection downstairs improved massively. Multiple connections didn't affect the speed for anyone.
There's an updated version to this one available but after reading the reviews and the price difference I opted for this model and haven't regretted it at all.
Highly recommended for anyone who has connection issues in different parts of the house or office.
Setting it up can become an ordeal, at least for some! Technical support, online or phone, is almost non existent
Easiest way is
1) Power up, wait for power on LED to .solid green
2) Press WPS on extender for 2-3 seconds then press WPS on router within 2 mins
3) Repeat step 2 for connecting the second band ie 5G
4) You are done, power, wps and router LED turn solid green. It should be detectable in available networks. Use your wifi password to connect.
In my case, (SSE broadband router) the extender wifi DID NOT accept my network password. I had to find a way around myself!
Here's what I did
1) While powered on, push down and hold the factory reset button for about a minute
2) when the power LED turns from amber to solid green, check for available networks on a laptop or wifi enable desktop. You will see Netgear-ext network that is password free
3) connect to this network and open www.mywifiext.net and initialize "set up genei"
4) Fill in the required credentials and make sure you have chosen "use existing password" option
You should be good to go now. You can connect to the EXT networks using your existing password.
I chose this specific model as I have a router which supports up to AC1900 so the frequencies used by the extender match my router. It's also the cheapest model to support AC1900, more expensive models have built in ethernet hubs which I did not need for my set up.
I did look at other reviews before buying and some contain some confusing information. One says that you have to connect the extender to your router via an ethernet cable and it doesn't work wirelessly. This is only true if you use it as an access point and not an extender (there is a switch on the side of the unit). The purpose of the access point mode is to create an access point for an ethernet device. However when the device is used in extender mode, this works as expected without it needing to be connected to anything other than a wall socket.
Another review stated that you had to use another SSID. Using the web interface setup, by default it suggested SSIDs of something like MyWifi_EXT but I was able to change the SSIDs to match my existing one making the extender work seamlessly for those connected to the SSID.
The only reason why I've marked this down a star as it does exactly what I need it to do is that the setup could have been easier and the lights are very bright and you need to consider this when placing it in a bedroom.
Tried several repeaters all failed,
Although this little beauty pulls it off not full signal but a good strong power connection, in a normal build house I would think it would be fantastic,
Well done netgear 😁
Most recent customer reviews
The online manual was useless in identifying the issue, so I rang the Helpline.Read more