Have one to sell?
.NET Application Development: With C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET and Web Services (Component-based Development S.) Paperback – 24 Jun 2004
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This book is an introduction and a technical description of the Microsoft .NET technology. It covers the language C# as well as the major parts of the Microsoft .NET framework, namely the Common Language Runtime (CLR), the .NET class library, ADO.NET (ActiveX Data Objects), ASP.NET (Active Server Pages), and XML Web Services, as well as the most important tools under .NET. The book has a technical perspective and is written for programmers. It explains the general concepts of the .NET architecture and shows how to develop non-trivial applications in C#. In particular, it deals with the development of dynamic Web pages using ASP.NET, database applications using ADO.NET, as well as Web services using SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol), WSDL (Web Service Description Language) and UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery and Integration). It is not intended as a complete reference manual since details can be found more easily using the online documentation of the .NET SDK.
From the Back Cover
.NET Application Development
with C#, ADO.NET, ASP.NET and Web Services
Microsoft’s .NET architecture has brought a quiet revolution to the development of modern applications, particularly in the areas of Internet programming and web services. This book provides a technical introduction to the full spectrum of .NET technologies, including
· A comprehensive tutorial on the C# programming language
· An introduction to the Common Language Runtime (CLR), allowing programmers to mix and match different languages
· An overview of the .NET class library, containing over 2,000 useful classes and interfaces to reuse in your applications
· A guide to database programming with ADO.NET
· A description of ASP.NET for building dynamic web pages
· Examples of web services which allow applications to cooperate across the Internet using SOAP and HTTP protocols.
· A concise description of the most important tools under .NET
· A preview of the new features of .NET 2.0, the next release of the .NET Framework.
Programmers who wish to gain an understanding of how to use .NET tools in novel applications will benefit from the hands-on guidance in this book. Students will find it to be an ideal text for courses on C#, Web programming or component technology. More than 100 exercises at the end of every chapter make the book ideally suited for self-study. Sample solutions to the exercises as well as tutorial material, software and links can be found on http://dotnet.jku.at.
The companion CD-ROM contains a wealth of useful tools including
· Version 1.1 of the .NET Software Development Kit
· The open source SharpDevelop environment for C# and VB.NET
· Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix, an IDE for rapid application development under .NET
· Webservice Studio, a tool for testing web services
· The Coco/R open source compiler generator for C# including a C# grammar from which customized scanners and parsers for C# can be produced.
The authors are in the Institute for Practical Computer Science at the University of Linz in Austria, and have based the book on courses and tutorials given to both students and professional programmers.
There are no customer reviews yet.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Amazon.com: 1 reviews
13 September 2013 - Published on Amazon.com
A bit dated information but a really good book to have by your side for tips, and good use for studies.