Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £3.49 UK delivery
|Price:||£13.20 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Take to the skies with the most advanced flight models seen in any online game to date. See the stunning world of Atreia in its full glory as you battle to save your people from annihilation
- Totally customise your character through an incredibly in-depth character creation tool, advanced crafting systems and extensive item customisation
- Engage in a unique and evolving combat system utilising combos, skill chains, counterattacks and spectacular aerial combat
- Introducing PvPvE! Plan and execute raids against rival factions, earn special ranks and rewards through victory, and prepare for unexpected attacks by the Balaur, a brutal nonplayer race.
- Platform: Windows XP / Vista
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Edition: Standard Edition
Recurring subscription fee required to play
Everyone must choose a side...
Wield divine power and experience true flight as you fight for the salvation of your people in a vast, beautiful world shattered by cataclysm. Welcome to the visually stunning massively multiplayer online role-playing game Aion: The Tower of Eternity.
Discover a spectacular online world, steeped in lore and history, where two factions, once united, are locked in a bitter war. Take to the skies and engage in strategic combat, where attacks can come from any angle, at any time.
Aion: The Tower of Eternity will capture the imagination of every kind of MMO player, from casual to hardcore.
Prepare to take flight...
- Take to the skies with the most advanced flight models seen in any online game to date. See the stunning world of Atreia in its full glory as you battle to save your people from annihilation.
- Totally customise your character through an incredibly in-depth character creation tool, advanced crafting systems and extensive item customisation.
- Engage in a unique and evolving combat system utilising combos, skill chains, counter-attacks and spectacular aerial combat.
- Introducing PvPvE! Plan and execute raids against rival factions, earn special ranks and rewards through victory, and prepare for unexpected attacks by the Balaur, a brutal non-player race.
Connects to European Servers Only
Aion: The Tower of Eternity is a visually stunning massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), where players ascend to divinity and fight in a celestial war. Here they will wield divine powers and the capability of true flight, to bring deliverance to your people and restore balance to a world shattered by cataclysm. Choose your side, spread your wings, and claim your rightful place among the immortal legions of Atreia. This is the glory that is Aion.
Explore one of the most amazingly beautiful and detailed MMORPGs ever as you fight to save a vibrant world ripped asunder by a celestial war. Choose between two divine factions, the Asmodians or the Elyos, and save your people from an ancient evil that threatens to destroy everything in its path. Over 1500 story-driven quests lead you through a wondrous and expansive world like no other.
Experience the Thrill of Flight
Soar to great heights and battle in the open skies of Aion. Flying in Aion is not just a way to travel--it is a strategic and integral part of the game that adds a new dynamic to all aspects of the genre, including combat, quests, exploration, and harvesting.
Engage in Visceral Combat
Engage in a spectacular and evolving combat system utilizing combos, skill chains, counter-attacks and stunning aerial combat. Group with friends or fly solo in the Abyss, where attacks can come from any direction. Experience the thrill of combat like never before.
Totally customize your character through an incredibly in-depth character creation tool, advanced crafting systems and extensive item customization. Take individuality to a new level with the innovative Stigma system, allowing characters to utilize and combine skills and abilities not normally available to that particular character’s class.
- Fight for the radiant, luminous Elyos or the grim, foreboding Asmodians in a massive celestial war raging all around you.
- Soar above the world and fight while airborne--the chains that bind you to the earth are gone.
- Adventure through captivating quests fit for an immortal.
- Hurl enemies down into stony chasms or pullem them mid-air in the Abyss. Tactics and strategy rule the skies in Aion.
- Customize your avatars to be truly unique.
- Reign over a world whose beauty, vibrance, and spirit shines with the brilliance of divinity.
- Join the battle in massed legions, with thousands of avatars to count as friends or to fight against as enemies.
- Experience an exotic atmosphere for adventure with an amazing musical score by Yang Bang Ean (Ryo Kunihiko).
- Behold a new graphical standard among MMORPGs--CryTek powers the heart of Aion.
Battle for control of valuable strongholds and artifacts within the Abyss, a hotly contested battlefield resting between the upper and lower halves of Atreia. Plan and execute raids against rival factions, earn special ranks and rewards through victory, and prepare for unexpected attacks by the Balaur, an ancient race freed from imprisonment within the Abyss.
|Minimum Specifications:||Recommended Specifications:|
|Processor:||Pentium 4 2.8GHz, AMD Athlon 2800||Pentium Dual Core, AMD Athlon 64 X2|
|RAM:||1GB RAM||2GB RAM|
|Video Card:||GeForce 6600, Radeon X1550||GeForce 7600, Radeon X2600|
|Sound Card:||DirectX 9.0c compatible|
|DVD-ROM:||Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive|
|Hard Drive Space:||30GB of free space or more|
|Other:||Internet connection, keyboard and mouse; Fee for online play|
Cutting-edge graphics redefine your expectations of online role-playing and reveal a true fantasy world where divine beings wage a war that will determine the future of the world. Your role in this war is pivotal. The fate of the world rests on your shoulders as you and your allies participate in brutal warfare, devise brilliant strategy, and claim power. For the first time in the MMORPG genre – Aion brings PvP and PvE together. PvPvE manages the complex relationships between races and guilds and also controls the mighty Dragons, a non-player faction and a common enemy to all players. Take combat to the skies – Flying is not just a means of transportation. Flight is an extension of the combat system and can be an integral part of taking on your foes in battle. A supremely powerful graphical engine – brings the world of your fantasies to life like never before. Ryo Kunihiko – one of the world’s leading composers of movie and television soundtracks, is creating incredible music that seamlessly interweaves with on-screen action, setting the perfect atmosphere for your adventures in the world of Aion.
Top customer reviews
The combat is simple at first, but then builds up as you get chain skills i.e. one attack opens up another higher than it, and then as you increase in levels you get a choice of different chains for different effects, like fast damage, big bursts, poison, or slowing the enemy dependent on your class and level, and there are Stigma slots: high powered or tactical abilities for your class that you choose to equip, much like tactics, as there is only space for so many.
There are different channels in the lower areas to avoid overcrowding, get to level 20 and beyond though and its just one channel, supposedly to force you to PVP. No hiding from it, it's a PVP game. It's bound to balance itself over time, with different people being in different areas, and there are different zones besides if you're lucky enough to be able to quest in them.
As for the PVP combat itself, you need to be level 25 to enter the Abyss where it all takes place, otherwise its just the odd group or person who appear through a rift here and there (mostly by accident following quests it seems thus far).
Flying isn't that big a factor to me yet (only level 23). Lots of areas aren't fly zones to cut down on people falling to their doom, you mostly use your wings for gliding or gathering resources in the air until it's time to PVP, then it opens up other avenues.
Crafting is worthwhile, can level up with work orders as long as you have the money so no chasing resources down unless you actually want to make something. But then you can make some great items.
It's just a short summary while I wait to load, there are pro's and con's as with any new game, but its definitely worth a look, and I can see it holding my interest for more than a month, as was sadly the case with Warhammer Online and Lotro.
If you're bored of the same, I would advise going for it
All MMOs are about grinding of course, it's a feature of the genre. But in a good MMO you're often not aware you're grinding because you're having fun. A good MMO eats up the hours in a day because you can't get enough of it. Aion eats up the hours, period. It feels like a job. Part of the problem is that there's little variety in gameplay while you're levelling, so you become acutely aware of the grind.
* The game is pretty polished and largely free of any show stopping bugs, at least in PVE as I hear that crashes in mass PvP are common.
* All the classes are fun to play and level, though some have an easier time than others (as usual in MMOs, ranged dps seems to have the upper hand).
* The character generator has a lot of scope for making some interesting looking characters (though sadly most players end up making pretty generic looking toons).
* Flight and aerial combat is handled in an interesting way. Unfortunately the classes are not balanced for aerial combat (yet again ranged dps has a significant advantage)
* Mobs are very agressive. Some may see this as a negative, but it does at least give you a sense of achievement if you survive one of the many bad
situations the game will throw at you.
* No originality of content. The design is a patchwork of ideas 'borrowed' from other MMOs and literary mythology. Storylines are generally dull and
derivative and there's a distinct lack of humour (the legendary Tutty being one of the few exceptions).
* Repetitive grindy gameplay. Mob AI is dull and the quests are the usual 'kill 100 beetles' or run all over the map gathering type. We've seen it all
before and Aion doesn't even attempt to innovate.
* There's no incentives for grouping, in fact you will make more progress solo. Content aimed at groups is pretty limited in scope and choice. This is unforgiveable in a MMO.
* There's too few mechanisms and incentives for building a community. In fact some aspects positively disrupt community, for example my legion (guild) has had to split into three because there's a 90 character limit on membership.
* PVP comes in two flavours, ganking and being ganked. Before the endgame there are no opportunities for sandboxed PvP (such as battlegrounds or RvR lakes)
so getting a fair fight is usually impossible. For a game which claims PvP is a focus this is a real let down.
* The game is totally infested with bots and gold spammers. They are already destroying the community and economy and NCsoft aren't clamping down strong
enough. There are many blatant bots with obvious names who have reached high levels and are farming 24/7 yet no action is taken against them despite
* The crafting system is a total lottery with success based on pure luck rather than skill.
* The game zones are generally quite dull, very linear and formulaic, there's no eyepopping scenery that makes you feel you really want to explore.
* Only two sides makes for rather boring PvP (though since both sides have exactly the same classes at least there's no factional balance issues).
* Customer support is very poor. You can only contact support during normal office hours, which means there is no support during evening primetime. This
just isn't acceptable in a game with a monthly subscription.
Aion is an old school grinder of a MMO. The developers seem to have failed to recognise that the genre has moved on and I'm not sure who they are hoping to
appeal to. Old school MMO players have seen it all before and probably don't want to go through another major grind in a game again (I know I don't). Newer
MMO players who probably only have WoW as a benchmark will run screaming at the very prospect of it.
Most recent customer reviews
I gave this game about a month of good gameplay to give it a fair chance however I never felt...Read more