on 15 September 2017
Fairly basic but comprehensive. I found prer support much more useful than reading about breaatfeeding. Have gone on to a great bf relationship with my little one
on 8 November 2002
This is a great book for first time breastfeeders. Just the right amount of information and you have the security that, coming from the NCT, its going to be accurate, research based information. Every woman coming to breastfeeding for the first time should be issued this book in pregnancy - it covers not only the common things like positioning and how milk is made but also common problems too.
12 people found this helpful
on 4 April 2014
A really good clear read. Easy to follow, sensible advice when you need it and you can dip in and out as required to solve problems / issues.
on 13 August 2014
great for my daughter who needed it for a course
on 7 February 2014
Although i have breast feeding experience i did want to brush up on some knowledge before baby is born. I found this book very helpful and no doubt will be turning to it over the next few months for hints and tips.
VINE VOICEon 13 June 2002
I found this book very useful, I read it whilst pregnant and I am still dipping into it 18 months later. I am sure that the understanding that I gained from this book helped me and my son establish and maintain a succesful breast feeding partnership which we are still enjoying 18 months later.
I have lent this book to a number of friends who have also found it useful.
It is a good balance of theory, mother's own stories, checklists and useful advise. It can be read from cover to cover or refered to using the index.
7 people found this helpful
on 28 October 2002
I found this book very informative and helpful. It described the process of breastfeeding in simple, easy to read language. It was easy to follow and offered information on where to go if further help was needed.
5 people found this helpful
on 24 September 2002
EXCELLENT - I did not read this book until about 6 weeks after my son was born, but I found it excellent, it answered so many questions and put my mind at rest about breast feeding.
Read it before your baby is born and refer it to during the early weeks - it does get easier trust me.
7 people found this helpful
on 17 January 2008
I found this book far too prescriptive and not very helpful at all. I actually put it in the bin and relied entirely on 'So That's What They're For'.
on 30 May 2010
I borrowed this from the local library and was very glad I hadn't paid for a copy! The information is extremely basic and you can get far more detailed and helpful advice from a quick search online. I would think this could only be of use to someone who had heard absolutely nothing about breastfeeding previously.