- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; New Ed edition (5 Jan. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471399205
- ISBN-13: 978-0471399209
- Product Dimensions: 14.1 x 1.8 x 22.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,018,885 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The NASCAR Way: The Business That Drives the Sport Paperback – 5 Jan 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
From the bestselling author of The Warren Buffett Way, a revealing inside look at the booming business–and investment opportunities–of NASCAR
"Hagstrom’s insights and observations bring a refreshing ‘outside’ business perspective to our industry."
―From the Foreword by William C. France, President, NASCAR
"From its origins in Daytona in the ‘50s to today’s live network broadcasts for millions of devoted fans, Robert Hagstrom offers an in–depth look at the fastest–growing sport in the country. The NASCAR Way explains how and why dozens of Fortune 500 companies have been lining up to jump on board."
―Michael T. Hargrave, Senior Motorsports Manager, Anheuser–Busch, Inc.
"It is great to be associated with NASCAR, the France family, and for me to get paid for what I love–to race! In The NASCAR Way, you see a prime–time sport."
―Dale Earnhardt, 7–time NASCAR Winston Cup champion
"An accurate and entertaining perspective to the unbridled capitalism that has built NASCAR into the #2 sport in America after football."
―Bill Nielsen, Director, Promotion Development and Licensing, Kellogg USA, Inc.
"Hagstrom understands how our business works both on and off the track. His perception of our sport will have you racing through the pages on the edge of your seat. The book is definitely a winner!"
―Dale Jarrett, Winston Cup driver
About the Author
ROBERT G. HAGSTROM is Director of Legg Mason Wood Walker Capital. Previously, he was general partner of Focus Capital Advisory, L.P., where he managed the Focus Trust Mutual Fund and separately managed accounts. Mr. Hagstrom is also the author of the New York Times bestseller The Warren Buffett Way, The Warren Buffett Portfolio, and the forthcoming The Essential Buffett, all from Wiley.
Top Customer Reviews
- Mariusz Skonieczny, author of Why Are We So Clueless about the Stock Market? Learn how to invest your money, how to pick stocks, and how to make money in the stock market
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was looking for an inside view of a series and how it works. I couldn't put this book down. Robert did a great job detailing both views as a fan and businessman.Published on 28 Jun. 1999
I would have appreciated a greater discussion about the profitablility of sponsorship of cars and drivers and why some of the lesser teams have problems attracting sopnsors. Read morePublished on 8 April 1999
This book provides details about how Nascar really works. It goes so in depth about the business that runs the sport that both a NASCAR fan and a business man could enjoy this... Read morePublished on 14 Mar. 1999
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Leadership
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Investments & Securities
- Books > Fiction
- Books > Reference > Transport > Automotive
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Motor Sports > NASCAR