Myths of the Near Future Import
|Price:||£2.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
-titolo-myths of the near futureartista-klaxons etichetta-universal-n. dischi1data-2 febbraio 2007supportocd audiogenere-dance e dj---braniascolta 30''1.two receiversascolta2.atlantis to interzoneascolta3.golden skansascolta4.totem on the timelineascolta5.as above so belowascolta6.isle of herascoltaascolta 30''7.gravity's rainbowascolta8.forgotten worksascolta9.magickascolta10.it's not over yetascolta11.four horsemen of
Top Customer Reviews
i strongly urge people to by their xan valleys EP as well. there are 2 quality remixes on it, and another song from the klaxons, called The Bouncer.
these boys deserve to be huge.
1. Two Receivers - This is a startlingly atmospheric opener, which builds up tremendously. A much slower number than most of the tracks on here, but retains an epic feel to it. A great start to the album.
2. Atlantis To Interzone - You've heard it and, therefore, surely loved it. Fast, irresistibly danceable and utterly insane. It probably is my favourite track on the album. It's about time somebody put the keyboard's `DJ!' button to use in a song! Awesome, in a word.
3. Golden Skans - A pure pop chart hit, which contrasts with much of the album, yet still retains the trademark Klaxons sound. A combination of a catchy chorus and gorgeously polished production make it a winner. The background vocals are actually, for lack of a better term, beautiful.
4. Totem On The Timeline - I was appalled to see one review call this `filler.' This is another track to have you on your feet, and is also catchy enough for you to know every word after two listens. This has a much more typical indie sound to it than most of the tracks, as it is all about guitars rather than distortion and sound effects.
5. As Above, So Below - This sounds excellent on the record. Yet another easily accessible chorus. It is difficult to compare this to anyone else. The track has a very unique sound. A surprise highlight for me.
6. Isle Of Her - The band's attempts at a massive sing-along anthem work wonders here. There is a lot going on in this one, but it remains organised rather than disjointed. Not really danceable, but the catchiness continues. Notice a trend?
7.Read more ›
Prize too! The Klaxons sound fresh it is ecclectic but a classic album that people will listen to over and over again I don't think so sorry guys!
I downloaded some audio analysis software and looked at this album in it and it was like looking at a picture of a brick!
If you don't know what the loudness war is and why it is ruining music search for loudness war on youtube there is a video there with a great explanation (its especially worth watching before you leave a helpfulness vote on this review!!). Meanwhile the producer who did this should be fired for making what would other wise have be a great album, into something rubbish.
Theres all kinds of influences in here. I hear echoes of New Order, Pink Floyd, Gary Numan (!), Bowie, even NYC Art-rockers TV On the Radio.
Above all, its a great Indie-pop record. Stick with it because it gets off to a rather slow start with 'Two Receivers' one of the weaker tracks here, and the ravey sirens on 'Atlantis...' are a bit daft but once you're a few tracks in you realise its quite a varied and multi-layered beast. The lyrics aren't yer standard boy meets girl fare either...."Galloping Galloping Beams."..."Cyclops gazing alone...face to face" and all. Sometimes it all gets a bit 'Stone 'enge' or but I think they're in on the joke.
Too good to be just for the under 21s and I hope the music gets heard above the rather misleading press.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Brought the cd for my 11yr old son and I'm listening to it more then him..Good cdPublished on 14 July 2014 by Joe
Should music have a point? I once had a protracted discussion on this topic with a stranger in a public house, a fired debate abetted by the alcoholic vendibles supplied by the... Read morePublished on 31 Oct. 2012 by NIMROD
The CD arrived quickly and was sold for a very good price, good condition of the CD and the case. The price was my main reason for buying this product.Published on 2 Oct. 2012 by KB
I finally decided to take a punt on this, mainly on the basis of the Golden Skans single which is OK and also because the price had dropped to a reasonable level. Read morePublished on 2 Feb. 2009 by H. meiehofer
This band reminded me the old British funk band "Shriekback" on 80's, playing fast accurate and having very interesting vocals (harmonic matching lead and back). Read morePublished on 11 Mar. 2008 by D. TOTSIOS
Now distancing themselves from the "nu rave" scene that they invented with their management, a Mercury Music prize sitting on their shelf, how good is this record? Read morePublished on 16 Oct. 2007 by dave jarvue