- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Biteback Publishing (19 Jun. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849543070
- ISBN-13: 978-1849543071
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 2 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,474,124 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Myth of Choice: Personal Responsibility in a World of Limits Paperback – 19 Jun 2012
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Myth of Choice isn t just tightly argued, it s an enjoyable read as well...Comprehensive and readable enough to satisfy both newcomers and veterans of this debate. --Boston Globe
About the Author
Kent Greenfield is professor of law and law fund research scholar, Boston College. He has lectured at the London School of Economics as well as at leading universities in Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Santiago, Montreal, and Vancouver.
Top Customer Reviews
Greenfield discusses the impact of external factors that influence the choices we make, and, further, in discussing the way our brain works, he questions how it is that we become susceptible to such influence.Read more ›
These points are relevant because the potentail UK reader should be ready for a lot of discussion of American legal cases, baseball umpires' decisons, and US political appointments.
Ultimately the book comes to no particuarly striking points. The writer urges us to be aware of our cultural bias in making decisions. Fair enough, but there's a lot to wade through to get there.
The front cover quotes from a review in the Boston Globe that it is "tightly argued". Is that a good enough reason to read it?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Social
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > History > Political History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology