- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson; 01 edition (12 April 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0500251649
- ISBN-13: 978-0500251645
- Product Dimensions: 19.5 x 3.2 x 26.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 816,323 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Mystery Cults in the Ancient World Hardcover – 12 Apr 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Refreshing... a wonderfully, and intelligently, illustrated 250pages, Bowden debunks an impressive number of myths about ancient mystery religions'
--Mary Beard, The Times Literary Supplement
'Will be of immense value not just to those studying Greek and Roman civilizations but to students of early Christianity ... a most valuable survey'
`A wonderful revelation. Piece by archaeological and textural piece, Bowden jigsaw-puzzles together the heady, high-octane, highly-charged world of mystery ritual in Greece and Rome.'
--The Scottish Sunday Herald
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
For the layman or introductory reader the level of analysis and wide range of sources means the work is scholarly, however, the prose is so easily readable the book rewards even the briefest of surveys.
A superb piece of work.