The Mystery Animals of the British Isles: Staffordshire Paperback – 17 Jul 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Nick Redfern is someone I admire and enjoy reading. Although this has to be said isn't his best book. Bit of a `pot boiler' using info from his other books. Still, you could argue that its nice to have it all in one book. Some references strangely missed out that relate to Staffordshire - including Peter McCue's excellent `Zones of Strangeness' and some Karl Shuker articles from Fortean Times.
Strangely there are cases mentioned in some detail about mystery animals NOT seen in Staffordshire - giving this more of a `pot boiler' feel!
The strange `add on' of the second author - Glen - is very strange indeed! Obviously the two authors wrote their sections without meeting up (understandable) - but there are no attempts to `gel' it together! In fact, at the end of each section, clearly compiled by Nick, Glen pops up like a sort of `mini me' tagged on at the end, which is a shame, because he is a good researcher and writer.
There are some dreadful drawings at the end of the book too. Perhaps I am being unfair, and they were drawn by the Cannock Chase bigfoot - using it's feet!
Overall - a nice idea for a book, poorly executed, but still nice to have in one volume.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult > Unexplained Mysteries
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Folklore