- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
The Mysterians  [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
A Film by Ishiro Honda
'Will Earth be ruled by Man or Mysterians? No, only science can rule.'
After an unexplained landslide destroys a village near Mount Fuji, investigating scientists discover traces of radioactivity and rivers full of dead fish. Soon they find themselves pursued by a massive robot that sets to destroy everything in its path.
The robot is being remotely controlled by the Mysterians, survivors of a planet destroyed by nuclear war, who have landed on Earth in order to rebuild their scientifically advanced but dwindling population. When a group of Earth scientists accept an invitation to meet with the Mysterians inside their dome-like base, they soon discover that the aliens' intentions are far from benign.
The creative team responsible for Godzilla (1954) was reunited for this, Toho's first colour widescreen science-fiction production, which set the standard for model effects and sci-fi art design for years to come.
Vibrant and bursting with action, The Mysterians is an arresting vision of futuristic warfare and a cautionary tale for the atomic age.
- Original theatrical trailer
- Rare production designs and artwork
- Posters and still galleries
Japan | 1957 | colour | Japanese language with English subtitles | 85 minutes | Ratio 2.35:1 (16x9) anamorphic) | Region 2 DVD
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was not disappointed. Being a movie buff, I am easy to please, and being well aware of the times in which it was made, I knew the effects were no where near as good as they would be today. Nevertheless, the effects were very good for the times. The highlight of the movie for me was the appearance of the giant robot which set about flattening towns until being brought down by troops exploding a bridge. These scenes have to be seen to be believed! The rest of the movie is taken up with Japanese troops trying to destroy The Mysterians invasion of the earth, many scenes reminiscent of George Pal's version of War of The Worlds (still one of the best Sci-Fi's ever made in my view.) A very good entertaining movie, as long as you aren't too critical of the effects.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?