- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
7 books in 1
- Web Technologies
- HTML and CSS
- Web Applications
- PHP and Templates
In charge of a website? Here′s what you need to know about key web technologies!
- Lay the groundwork find out how the web works and how to get and install PHP, MySQL, and a web server
- Rockin′ with PHP learn about PHP syntax and error messages, build a script, and use PHP to create dynamic web pages
- Magical MySQL administer MySQL and set up MySQL accounts, design and build databases, keep them updated, and connect MySQL to PHP
- Service, please create a web service, create and validate web forms, and set up login objects
Open the book and find:
- Installation instructions for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- HTML building blocks
- How CSS makes creating forms easier
- Tips on coding more efficiently with jQuery
- An introduction to object– oriented programming
- Details of database structure
- How PHP templates can help reduce code
About the Author
Steven Suehring is a technology architect and the author or editor of several popular technology books. Janet Valade is a technical writer, web designer, programmer, and systems analyst. She has conducted various tech seminars and written several books, including PHP & MySQL For Dummies, 4th Edition.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
None of these languages can be covered in just one book in depth so don't expect that reading this one book can make you an expert. It is a good book to get you started though. For HTML and CSS, you better get some other dummy books; I personally use Dreamweaver so I all the latest dummy books for CC I can get.
Dynamic websites are great way to generate viewers and that leads to extra cash earning if you think you have a good idea of designing them. Not an easy task though so getting those books are necessary. Happy reading and wish you a good success.
Has all the technical information I needed, easy to read and find the detail I wanted.
However I said 'Almost' as there are a couple of issues:
1) Not all of the code is available to download (and the location has changed). So you will manually need to type out some sections of code.
2) I find the readability of the code isn't easy in some sections, maybe its me, maybe its just a limit of paper page width, but it would be easier if they changed the indent/tabs for nested code.
Wouid recommed for anyone installing ABXD.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love the way it is written. Everything I need to cover the languages of the webpage.Published 8 months ago by Pushkin
lovely cover. The book wasn't for me. I'm thick as a brick.Published 11 months ago by stewart mitchell
This is one of the best accessory I have bought for any of my tablets I have. For reference I have iPad 2, iPad Air 2, Surface Pro 2, Dell Venue Pro 8 and Samsung Galaxy Note... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Dartec
When u have idiots lecturing you in university this book is brilliantPublished 15 months ago by eoin o'callaghan
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Introduction to Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications