My Story by Marilyn Chambers Paperback – 31 Jul 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: Warner Books, 1975
MY GRADE: D
This autobiography started out good with all the stuff you'd expect in one. Where she grew up, what her childhood was like, how she got into the sex business, and so on but dang, it's a nonstop sex fest and I got so sick of reading it, and it's a short book...couldn't wait for it to end. Literally almost every single page was just graphic sexual ramblings of how horny she is. We get it, Marilyn, you like sex, but your filthy language was too much.
The page count for the original publication of this book was around 200 and nineteen of those was taken up by sexually graphic fan mail letters she received, which I didn't care at all about. Another twelve pages was taken up by letters people wrote to her for her sex advise column in Genesis magazine in the 70's. Total waste of space.
There's a three-page forward by her daughter that was really pointless and unnecessary and just a two-page afterward/epilogue. Since this book was written thirty-nine years before the reissue in 2014, the epilogue should have been at least a chapter long and should have been written by someone who actually knows something about her and could have given some useful, interesting information on the woman, who is a legend in the porn world.
Wikipedia has more info on her, like her drug addition that wasn't even mentioned in the epilogue, and her death in 2009.
More info here, wp.me/pLm4B-1KM
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Actors & Actresses
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Pornography
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Biographies
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Philosophy of Science
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Ethical Issues