Customer reviews

on 19 March 2014
I have become a Samsung fan, now having a Galaxy Y mobile, a Samsung HD 3D Smart TV (together with a Samsung 'Soundbar')and now the Galaxy Tab 3. They all have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi which give great versatility and connectivity. There are many Android apps for this tablet with Kindle and various 'clouds' on offer. A great feature is that, in addition to the 16GB of storage built in, it came with an additional 16GB Micro SD card (which I have upgraded to 64GB!). Ample storage for films, photos, music, etc. Very satisfied.
on 13 January 2014
I am new to using a Tablet, (I am now the happy owner of a Samsung 3 8" Tablet:) but found this book was not suitable for complete beginners. I have had to order another book that I hope will be useful to me! If you are an older (senior) person and never used or owned a Tablet, I would suggest this is not the book for you! I want something that covers all the bases from A-Z, is simple and easy to understand, and can provide answers to all the simple questions I need answers to! I haven't got anyone to ask or show me how to use my Tablet, so an informative book would be very useful.

18/01/14 - I have since purchased another book called: 'Android Tablets for Seniors In Easy Steps' by Nick Vandome, and am finding it very useful indeed! I think I will probably be able to use the other book when I am comfortable and familiar with using my new Tablet.
Very happy indeed :) EB

25/01/14 - I have changed my original 2 Star rating to 4 Stars, as I become familiar with my Tablet, I find the book 'My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3' very useful indeed! It was a good buy!! Elaine B :)
on 20 November 2013
As the title suggests, this is a good book, it's a step by step guide, just the thing you need to help you get to grips with your new Tab3. It's reasonably well laid out and it's in full colour. But, and it is a but, it never quite seems to go the full mile. By that I mean it's almost as if the author wants to give you just enough information then pulls back leaving you (well me anyway) scratching your head and thinking - yes, okay I go that, but you haven't fully explained...

It's a pretty good book make no mistake, but if you're looking for a `complete' idiots guide to the Tab 3 then this one falls short on detail.
on 18 December 2013
My wife and I are senior citizens and really needed guidance for our new tablets. Wefound the book to be well laid out and was a great help in setting things up. Samsung's idea of basic setting up instructions assumes sufficient knowledge that the instructions are not required!!
I would recommend this book to anyone buying a tablet for the first time.
on 18 January 2014
First look at the Samsung Tablet and my heart fell!
Saw reviews for this book and bought it.
It gives much more information than the Samsung Help and has been a must from the first day I opened it.
Every OLDIE needs one!
on 24 December 2013
I'm still learning how to use my Tab 3 efficiently and to full usage, but I wouldn't be without it. Although my desktop computer will always be a necessary tool for my interests (computing, music and photography) the usefulness of a computer I can use for emails, reading, web searches etc. when away from my desk compliments the desktop perfectly. Although the Galaxy may not have the spectacular graphics of some similar devices I cannot find it lacking in any manner for which I use it.
on 14 January 2014
Book is very informative and will help me to get most out of my tablet, although it does cover the tab 3.8 and 3.10 more than the model I have, which is the 3.7. Delivery and packaging were excellent from Amazon. Couldn't wish for better.
on 17 February 2014
I was disappointed with the book as I had hoped it would be clear and simple (which I need) Im sure its fine for some but not for me. I have read it and tried to understand but.......... It did arrive quickly which was good
on 6 March 2014
This was delivered on time as it was a present for Christmas. I have spoken to the recipient of the present and they have said that the book is very useful when they are stuck on how to do something they just look it up. They find the book easy to use.
on 20 February 2015
I bought the "My Galaxy Tab3" book at the same time as the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 8 inch tablet computer, and I would recommend it for anyone like me, who has not used a tablet computer before. It has clear step by step instructions on how to set up the Galaxy Tab3, and you can easily jump to the sections you need to change the setup later, once you have used the tab a bit, and feel more confident at changing things!