Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More

Customer reviews

on 26 June 2017
Enjoyed it, thanks a lot.
on 13 November 2008
OK, let me 1st answer the question that's in everybody's mind: No, this is NOT the last series of 'Scrubs'. In actual fact, season 8 is supposed to the last of "modern" 'Scrubs'. The reason I say "modern" is that the cast & crew (i.e. Bill Lawrence, Zach Braff & Judy Reyes) will leave the show after S8, however the show probably continue without them (kinda turning it into 'E.R', revolving a different character each season).

S7 may be the shortest season on history (I assume) with 11 eps. the reason behind this is because of the Writer's Strike of 2007, which subsequently ended (what supposed to be the last EVER series of the show - now its extended to S8) the season.

Here are the list of all 11 eps.

1) My Own Worst Enemy
8) My Manhood
9) My Dumb Luck
10) My Waste of Time
11) My Princess

The only thing that I can complain about is that they didn't fix the order of the eps., cuz "My Princess" isn't supposed to be the last eps. of S7, it's supposed to go BEFORE "My Dumb Luck" (eps. 9). You see why it's irritating once you watch the last 3 eps., it just creates a continuity.

Now the reason they put it in that order is becuase that's how they aired it, & NBC thought "My Princess" would be a better season finale.

The quality of the show is still great, obviously the lack of eps. caused a slight lower grade (in my book) compared the previous seasons.

Bonus features includes:
- Making of "My Princess" eps. (17mins)
- Audio commentary on all 11 eps.
- Interview with Ken Jenkins (7mins)
- 15 deleted scenes (14mins)
- 19 alternative lines (15mins)
- Bloopers (3mins)

Overall, it's a nice addition to the previous 6 DVD's of the show, I say if you enjoyed the last 2 seasons, this will be a must buy for you.
55 Comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 November 2008
First things first, I absolutely love Scrubs and have the DVDs for the first six seasons. And just as things were to get even better in Season 7 (originally intended to be the last ever), unfortunately, the Writers' Strike in 2007 put paid to that. As a result, a full series of 22 or so episodes wasn't created, and only eleven episodes were eventually made.

Therefore, it feels that season 7 never gets going into a storyline that arcs across the episodes, and the writing feels very piecemeal. Nonetheless, if you are a Scrubs fan, you'll no doubt not mind that and love it still.

The problem, though, is that at the time of writing, this DVD box set costs more than any of the previous series currently on sale. Given Season 7 has fewer than half the usual number of episodes in a season, doesn't seem great value for money. In the US, Season 8 is due to start soon, and I'd wager a bet that these two seasons will eventually be bundled. Therefore, I'll be waiting a while before ordering my copy.

But if you're a Scrubs fan who can't bear to have a hole in your collection, I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase!
on 30 May 2017
Great
on 14 January 2009
Scrubs Season 7, for me, is definitely the lowest point of the series. Riddled with doubts about the finality of the series, it's understandable that their minds may have been on the survival or the series rather than the actual series. It just seems like they went for cheap laughs a little too often, and the self-reflexivity of the show reached unbearable levels at points where Dr. Kelso takes the mick out of Dr. Cox's rants.

It is, however, Scrubs, and it's still very very very enjoyable. Not a season to introduce you to the series, but for fans it definitely should not be missed.
on 2 July 2016

Here are the list of all 11 eps.

1) My Own Worst Enemy
9) My Dumb Luck
10) My Waste of Time
11) My Princess

Bonus features includes:
- Making of "My Princess" eps. (17mins)
- Audio commentary on all 11 eps.
- Interview with Ken Jenkins (7mins)
- 15 deleted scenes (14mins)
- 19 alternative lines (15mins)
- Bloopers (3mins)

TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 23 October 2008
Season 7 of Scrubs isn't fantastic, and I have no shame in admitting am a Scrubs fangirl. It's simply not terribly funny, barring a couple of beautiful lines (Janitor: "I don't believe in the moon; I think it's the back of the sun.") and a handful of glorious scenes (like JD making his baby son do the "I'd like to hit that" dance in the park while looking at a baby girl in a stroller...)

The problem is, the first 6 seasons are gold - Scrubs at its best is on a par with the very best tv we'll ever see; Scrubs at its middling is better than 90% of everything else on tv. So, next to that, Scrubs at its season 7 (last episode) worst is painful.

I really believe that if you love something, you'll admit when it's taken a dive, because you want it to find its feet again, and you know how amazing it *really* is. So I'm admitting it: season 7 just isn't up to scratch. The writers had to contend with the strike and it can't have been easy, but what we're given is a season that starts off wonderfully, and gradually loses its shine.

Case in point, the season finale is a fantasy episode where they are all transported to a medieval forest, and it's so awful I actually winced while watching it. Truth is, this isn't the Scrubs you will have fallen in love with 7 years ago, with its depending more upon gimmick than clever writing, and am so relieved there's another season in the tank, because this would have been a horrible horrible legacy to leave.

I really do advise you watch the episodes online prior to buying it. If you disagree with me, that's awesome. But if not, at least when you buy it (as I plan to) you'll know what it is you're paying for and you won't be met with disappointment.
99 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 December 2008
First of all, this is a much shorter season. Blame he writer's strike, for while previouly years we would have 22 episodes, here we only find 11.

We return to the problems of the previous season: JD struggling to deal with a baby due, while wondering if it is time he grew up, and Elliot getting cold feet over her marriage. This keeps the drama of the show going, and while it still feel strong, it is not as weighty as before.

But the jokes return, and there are some brilliant ones here. The Janitor is given some wonderful plots to follow, as he becomes the hospital enviromental officer, or starts the Janitorial newspaper. And we see the return of The Worlds Most Giant Doctor. Scrubs has always had a wonderful sense of humour, and this is still true, with some fantastic daydream sequences.

It is such a shame that this season is so much shorter, for Scrubs is still the best comedy show on TV at the moment, and every episode is a treaure.
on 23 June 2010
This is the first series of scrubs where i found notable weaknesses and i was bothered by it as this show is so good on its day, one of the best of all time i would even say.
This series is made up of 12 episodes, half of what they usually produce due to the writers strike in america a few years ago and it makes me wonder why this wasnt all killer when they had less episodes to mess it up.
I have painted a negative picture but there are moments of brilliance as well, there really are.
The characters grow and develop as they always do but for large periods of time i found nothing to laugh about, i was entertained for the most part, in others i strained to take the reign for the 19 minutes or so of the episode.
Its a hard thing to do when you have to criticise what you love but i have heard season 8 is mint and i believe that it will be.
on 8 June 2009
Just watched the whole season. It's still good, but they are all getting older & the most annoying thing now to me is 'The Todd' with the same boring boring boring gags over & over. Ted & The Janitor are always good. The Aloma Wright character Nurse Roberts reapperaring as another Nurse is a bit confusing especially as the first character died!

By the way, the *REAL* order to watch Disc Two in is this: 7, 11, 8, 9, 10 with the Bob Kelso leaving storyline in the right order. Having the Fantasy ep as the last one has Kelso back in charge making other writers confused with it.

Will buy Season 8, but Season 9 sounds like Jumping The Shark to me, they left it 8 seasons now big changes. sounds like 'Becker' after Terry Farrell & the Bob guy left, it can only be a pale imitation of it's previous greatness.