on 8 June 2014
My eldest Granddaughter, I see daily not least because I walk her to school. Occasionally she has referred to me as being grumpy - whether it was directed towards her or someone else in the house. I thought I could share a book that would refute her held view that I am grumpy. this one did that for me. We laughed through it several times over the course of the next two / three sleep overs. She kept asking for it to be read to her at bedtime. I recommend this book.
on 31 August 2015
This grandpa is adorable, both by how he's drawn to his actions. I just want to squeeze him, then steal the big fish he's caught. Grilled fish is great. A lovely story that'll teach kids not only to understand them but appreciate them. This grandpa should also serve as a lesson to all grandpas - be like him! A very fun story with an easy rhyme that'll please the kids and hopefully get them to spend more time with their loved ones. 5 stars!
on 16 May 2014
We tried this on both my grandson and my granddaughter and neither were interested!! There words were : "do we HAVE to read this? Let's have another book instead... Who needs my wods when theirs say it all...... Sorry
on 27 August 2015
Poor Grandpa finds old age challenging and can't be blamed if he isn't all smiley and happy. I imagine grandparents and grandchildren sharing this lovely book over and over again. Mindy Liang's cute, amusing illustrations complement the story perfectly.
on 20 October 2015
Got this for my granddaughters, although haven't tried it out on them as yet. Well illustrated, but I found the rhymes very lumpy. Read them out loud and they still didn't always seem to scan - perhaps it was me!
on 12 November 2013
I just downloaded this ebook at my 6 year old son's request for a new bedtime read. He loved it very much as it reminded him so much of his own grandad and asked me to rate it with 5 stars! Looking forward to reading it again (which he has just asked me to do again!)!
on 21 November 2014
An amusing book the children loved the false teeth the going to sleep/ snoring in armchair etc. its American and has the odd American phrase which I found a bit disconcerting but the children didn't. Not the best book I've bought but enjoyable. All 4 grandchildren laughed at parts.
on 30 June 2014
My daughter loves her grampy and loves this book. Plenty of pictures and the word 'poo' which amuses any 7yr old. I used my kindle for this but am now thinking of getting her her own as she loved reading this herself.
on 14 February 2014
Funny and sweet children's book. I absolutely love reading it to my daughter. Pictures are nice and the story is spot on.
on 22 May 2014
This book is so.amazing and I would recommend it to everyone and I will also advertise and recommend a book called Divergent and you should read every book. There are some from Four`s point of view. You must buy them all like me. This comment is from a 11-year-old girl going to secondary school in about 13 weeks