Platform: PlayStation 3|Change
Price:£9.70+ Free shipping

on 17 April 2011
I have bought a great number of exercise dvds in the past but end up getting bored with them as at the end of the day they are the same thing over and over. I am not one for computer games at all but after being introduced to the wii as a tool to keep me exercising with the original MY FITNESS COACH I am well and truely hooked on this "game" it has so much variation it is excellent at keeping you motivated to reach your goal. One thing to watch out for is that all the workouts are in alphabetical order so i didnt realise that there are some short warm ups in amongst the workouts and you must do one or two of these before you do your main workouts. I am going to ask my daughter about how you can download your own music for the workouts and additional workouts like it says you can in the product feature cos like i said i am no good with computers however I wont need new workouts for a long time as there are so many to start with. I am probably not using all the features on the game that i could be but i am definately seeing results in my fitness and body shape.
on 25 March 2011
After playing this for the first time last night, I feel as a personal exercise workout tool and planner, it isnt as good as others on the market, but if you just use it like a regular exercise DVD/video it is great. There are plenty of workouts and classes, but they dont split them between beginners, intermediate and advanced, and it doesnt provide you with a program to keep to so someone like myself who rarely exercises, I found them to be hard going as the workout was too extreme and I had to decide myself which exercise and intensity to maintain during the class, and found a lot of the time having to stop midway as it was too intense! Also I had to decide myself which class or program to use whereas other similar games gave you more advice as to which workout to use. Not every workout is Move-enabled so a lot of the time you dont need the move controller, and even for those that do I would question whether it tracks your movement and makes any difference using it or not. However on the positive side, the exercises are interesting and varied, and there are plenty to choose from and it helps having your picture (via the eye) next to the trainer to help with positioning and performing the exercise properly. Overall, if you expect the software to tell you exactly what to do, when and how (like EA Active Fit does), it doesnt, but if you use it as a fitness video and have some knowledge about different exercises and stages of fitness, it is a great investment!
on 20 May 2014
My fitness coach - great gift for me. It arrived on time for me to start to get fit. packaged well, i'm delighted with it-even though the front of of the game is in french- it plays in english- so no hassle. So many thanks to amazon for the prompt processing of my order
on 31 July 2011
I like to think I'm fit. I'm a postman, so I ride a bike and walk at least a few miles every day. I go to the gym twice a week and run 5 miles regularly. So why on earth does this 'game' make me feel like a chain smoking getraitric with the upper body strength of a 2 year old with no balance?
The main problem is the lack of difficulty levels. It's all or nothing with this one. I challenge anybody (and I mean 'ANYBODY') to do the power push up workout without stopping, and thats not the power push up pro workout either.
Other available workouts leave you wanting more, acting as more of a warm up for the torture available.
I'm really comparing this to the ea sports active 2 fitness title, which in some ways is more interactive and can actually make you feel good about the effort you can put into it. It knows if your doing the exercises correctly due to the motion sensors, but after doing the cardio blast (3 weeks) and two 9 weeks programs I feel that I have exhausted all it has to offer. My fitness coach club, on the other hand, has a massive selection of workouts all aimed at whatever you choose to get rid of, shape or tone up.
Pilates, Yoga, Cardio, Build muscle mass, Balance, they're all there. The move workouts work really well and at this price you can't go wrong if you want to put the effort in.
Be warned though. It is you, who will have to put the effort in. with the ea title, it makes you want to finish the set mainly due to the not unreasonable amount of reps it asked of you, but also partly because of the motion controllers making you feel you had to push on through (I did anyway). With fitness club it's all too easy to just stop and watch the uber fit trainers do another 30 tricep push ups, when you gave up after the second lot of 15 (we won't go into the plank and creepy crawlies exercise. I'm sure it's been outlawed under cruelty laws!)
Most reviews compare this to a fitness dvd rather than an interactive title, and I have to say I agree.
It's not all bad though.
value for money? yes.
Interactive? with the move- yes, otherwise no.
will it get you fit? Thats all up to you. This title will just tell you how to do it- not make you do it. Good luck!!
on 7 November 2011
Am amazed to have become a bit addicted to this. Many exercises are things I wouldn't have dreamt of doing like spot running with your legs wide apart, looks ridiculous yet its difference makes me think it's doing good.

There are a few modes so you can set goals and use the exercises prescribed or go into 'tab' mode and pick out what you want or tab-tab mode and group them differently. It can be hard work as it likes to do more reps than you would normally do although there are easy and pro routines which tends to mean 3 minutes v 30 minutes.

Each exercise is categorised as to whether it's upper body + cardio, lower body + flexible etc with a level of intensity for each. Some dancing, pilates, martial arts as well. This is set against daily targets, a history of activity and overall tally broken into categories. There are easy, medium and hard exercises. I'm into data so this is a positive to me.

In general the vigorous exercises tend to be male avatars while the others are female. The Move Controller is used for around half the exercises although in my opinion it will be as good without. It does give bonus points for good moves with the Move controller though.

You can set your own music from Playstation Playlists.

A negative point is you can't stop an exercise and get a part score or rest, or fast forward to miss one you don't like, it's all or nothing. You can let it run to the end do the bits you want and get the same score without Move.

Yes, after 3 weeks I'm using this 4-5 times a week and very keen although haven't yet got the knack of some of the moves especially balance and back exercises. In general I find the PS3 is a great tool to learn new dexterity and physical ability through perseverance for a 60+ year old like myself, although you'll need to be careful if you are new to exercise.
on 7 November 2011
Having just come off of Sports Active 2 I wanted something a bit different so picked this up at a stunning low price. Firstly the menu is a bit of a mess you would think that it would be in some order per group eg, warm ups 1,2,3 easy,medium ,hard workouts but its not just all mixed together, once you have done some workouts and know your way around its not too bad but really its like no thought has gone into the planning! You choose a goal eg relaxation or loose weight and it recommends workouts and you get point for doing them which really does nothing, its kind of like why bother with that, unlike Sports Active there is no way of tracking what you are doing so it is move compatable but you can choose not to use it, all doing the move does is give you a great after a set of movements. I would say less than half the workouts involve the move. As it doesn't track you , you can stop mid rep or even go out of the room, so you can't really track progress, weight loss,calories or even if you are in the correct position for the rep which would be really helpful for pilates. I was a bit dissapointed as there is only Pilates not Yoga on the disc the yoga workouts add-on is another£7.99 from the ps store. I have done the kickboxing type workouts, pilates,dancing and core. The dancing is either very repetative or they do some moves even my 8 year old was what are they doing and how are they doing it, because this is one of my main gripes they don't really tell you how to do the exercise, what position you should be in etc, so its kind of following the on-screen person and hoping. It really is like other reviewers say more like an interactive dvd than a proper workout game like Sports Active or Zumba.But its weakness is also its strength, I really enjoy picking and choosing going from pilates to kickboxing or doing short workouts from each group. Another gripe is you don't know what is in the workout til you are actually doing it so need to work your way through the game and pick your favourites.
Very easy to add music to, simply search for your playlist on PS3 , very clear instructions, but sometimes the game decides only 3 songs are compatable with the workout, which is fine on a short one, but not for a 30 minute workout!
For under a tenner I would definately recommend it for anyone who wants a workout, but I wouldn't have it as my main one I'm using it with Zumba for PS3 at the moment so do maybe half hour at pilates then a Zumba workout, so its nice to have so I can mix things up a bit, and also as I twisted my ankle recently to choose low impact exercises (most of the pilates is done lying on your back)to keep fit but rest up my ankle.
on 6 January 2013
I read the reviews on this game and then someone got it for me from Christmas. I am shocked at how good and fun it is.

Setting your profile is so quick and easy and you can start playing instantly. There are loads of different types of fitness like Yoga, Kick Boxing, Dance, Pilates, Marathon Training and so much more I can't even remember.

You can set a goal like if you want to have a more healthy heart or focus on certain points of your body and it creates playlists for you - you can change your goal at any time and also access the full range of workouts in a few clicks.

Best thing is you don't need anything to do any of the workouts and they are still great, no weights or balls just you and a decent amount of space and trust me the next day your body will feel the difference.

You can also download free new workouts or pay for extras which I haven't done yet because I haven't even got through 5% of what the game can offer.

This is definitely a good buy for under £10 you can't really go wrong!!

**And if you do buy and are happy please review so that word gets around how good this game is** =D
on 21 June 2012
It is not very often I write reviews on things, but this impressed me! It is compatible with my motion tracking camera although not sure if it actually tracks/instructs you, more so you can see clips to check you are doing it right or similar. The graphics are really soft and good quality and the range of exercises is huge. There are exercises targeting waist, shoulders, back, legs, upper body etc, all different lengths so you can fit in what you can. You can also mark a workout as a favourite, handy to go back to and as there are so many to choose from. You don't need any special equipment, don't need to sign in and although it asks you for basic info on set up you can work out with someone else too and it won't be affected. I got it specifically for the pilates and the simple range and fluidity of the two routines are top quality, exactly as you would expect in a class. There are also cardio routines, pro workouts for the super fit and gentle stretching for just a few minutes, this really has something for everyone. It doesn't follow a theme like some, just really simple to follow exercises. Really easy to follow too especially for someone like me who has virtually no coordination! I have had a few different workout wii games and they usually have some issues whether its passwords, complicated set ups, too much interaction. hard routines etc. I have only had this two days but highly recommend it already!
on 8 February 2012
I use to use the Wii Fit plus and I use to think it was just fun, I did like the yoga, but I never felt like I was getting a proper work out, I never broke a sweat or really got out of breath. We recently got a PS3 with the move and this game was really affordable so I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did because I LOVE it! I'm using muscles I haven't used in years! I'm working out specific regions, I'm sweating, I'm aching, I'm loosing my breath - everything I think you should get from the work out. When, and I mean when, I use to go to the gym the only thing I did was get on the elliptical for about 30 minutes and yea it was good but I wanted to tone and use muscles and I am so glad I bought this game. I finally feel like I'm working out how I want to be and toning muscles. There's a lot of variety which I love because I do tend to get bored with doing the same thing over and over. This is great to do a few times a week, or along side other things like the elliptical. I overall don't know how I worked out before this game and am so glad I bought this! I will be using it for ages and ages! And even when I'm in the shape I want to be, it's going to be great to use just a few times a week to stay in shape!
on 18 January 2012
If you're like me....really lazy to drag yourself to a gym....then this is the perfect game for you! I tried it for the first time yesterday and simply love it! The game allows you to create a personal profile and use goals such as weigh loss, etc to create your own workout targets. There are numerous work outs to choose from and each workout shows you the areas that it focuses on such as heart rate, strength, etc. prior to you choosing it which makes it easier to decide which you want to try. The best part is you don't have to stress about how you look....normally when I do manage to drag myself to gym I try to make sure I look at least a bit presentable in case I bump into someone I know....Now I can exercise while looking a complete mess and wearing pretty much anything..haha:) I can definitely see myself using this on a regular basis so it was money well spent for me!