on 9 September 2012
I have been wanting to teach my daughter sign language ever since she was born, but I could only find books that were in American sign language.
I am so please I found this book! Unfortunately it is a little late, since my little girl is 13 months old already and I have tought her some signs that I managed to find on google and youtube or even made up myself, but I am so please I can now teach her even more signs! She just hit the age where she is interested in animals, so this is fantastic! The pictures are mostly clear on what the sign should look like, but there is a short descibtion next to the image, too. The bright colours and fun designs are appealing to my little girl. I am going to get second copies of these books (My first signs and my first animal signs) to give to our child minder who has never looked after a child who uses sign language.
This book and the others on its range are excellent value for money!
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 February 2012
This is a lovely, large-sized board book with attractive pictures of animals accompanied by children making the appropriate sign for each, as well as a brief written description of the action. Each double page spread has pictures of 8 animals/signs and they are broadly divided up by type e.g. domestic pets, farm animals, minibeasts, etc (although there are no headings). An ideal starting point that's produced in the perfect format.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 March 2017
Quality hard back book. Easy to follow signs. The little one loves looking at the bright pictures. Of a good size so could be used as a reference point for teaching.
on 23 April 2017
wonderful book and wonderful signing. I love it and its such an educational book and worth its weight in gold.
on 3 November 2017
bought used and was really pleased with quality
on 20 October 2016
Excellent books, seems easy enough to understand how to perform the signs BUT some pages were stuck together and caused slight damage 😕
on 28 September 2017
Learning signs with our grandson who is deaf. Great book.
on 10 June 2018
Excellent
on 26 June 2009
I believe it is important to teach toddlers how to sign when they are still trying to learn to talk. This helps to ward off frustrations in communication for them as well as for their carers! All of the Sign books are well done. Having signs for familiar words really gets the attention of a little one and they start making the signs too!
3 people found this helpful
on 1 May 2017
I love these books and have been buying the series.