Customer reviews

My Enemys Head: Life of the Oseberg Priestess: Volume 2 (BLADE HONER)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 September 2017
Just finished volume 2 of Blade Honer and I am speechless. What a great book, I haven't read a book like that in a while. Very wise and entertaining, but there is more: a precious peak into the mysteries of the great Norse goddess Freyja. This is real deal, not just some fantasy. Can't wait to start volume 3!
on 6 September 2016
This is a fantastic read. I can't remember enjoying myself so much over reading a book. On top of that it's about Vikings and filled with the culture, relationships and love of those times with so many deep and intimate conversations. Beautiful. The author Maria Kvilhaug is a historian and scholar of Norse and Scandinavian mythologies and a master story teller.
on 3 November 2014
Maria Kvilhaug latest submission in the Blade Honer series, " My Enemies Head" took me by surprise because it is so very different from her previous works. Admittedly Maria's second book in the series but the title drew me to it for many especial reasons to read this submission first. Based around the time period of 790 AD in the heartlands of what was Russia during the time of the Rus, I found reading thus far compelling with the author's use of colourful expletives around the F word inside a world filled with enforced sex, eroticism, slavers, concubines, warriors around the lifetime of the Oseberg Priestess. What a journey into the imagination of those times!!! Excellent visuals on paper. I look forward very much to more works from the author on a similiar genre. Outstanding and this has the potential in my opinion to become a movie or Hollywood Series! If you are a heathen and a warrior at heart you will both enjoy and love this book.
One person found this helpful