- Audio CD (23 Jun. 2007)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: CD
- Label: Sony Music Cmg
- ASIN: B000QFAJ7S
- Other Editions: Audio CD | MP3 Download
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (77 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 34,204 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
My December CD
|Price:||£2.82 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£4.17 (60%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Kelly Clarkson - My December - Cd
Judging by the themes of anger and betrayal that dominate Kelly Clarkson's third disc, My December, perhaps 'Jagged Little Idol' would have been a more telling title. According to interviews, the massively successful artist wanted more creative control with her music going forward; as a result, unlike her previous CDs, Clarkson contributes as a songwriter on every track. The final product is not nearly as catchy as Breakaway, but is far more introspective and honest. My December's overall sound brings a harder musical style than fans might expect, with acerbic lyrics to match; the disc's first single "Never Again"--a dark rock song slamming her ex-boyfriend--is certainly a tip-off. The compelling chorus of "Hole" finds Clarkson singing "There's a hole/inside of me/it's so damn cold/slowly killing me" over a melody that is far more Tool than top-40. "Haunted" and "Judas" are wrought-over tracks that veer into Evanescence territory, while the wonderfully sparse "Maybe" is a highlight within which Clarkson's pleading voice is perfectly showcased. My December's final listed track, "Irvine" (prior to the hidden bluesy acoustic ballad "Chivas") sounds far more Cat Power-meets-Corinne Bailey Rae than Clarkson, but it is certainly one of the most captivating songs on the disc, and serves as yet another reminder of just how versatile her voice is. Fans of her previous radio-friendly releases may well be divided on her new direction, but it appears to be the path Clarkson is likely to continue to travel. --Denise SheppardNOTE: Track 14 is a hidden track. See all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
The first single, 'Never Again' is bitter yet dazzling - a real corker, and in my opinion one of her best tunes to date. Further highlights include the emotional and brilliant 'Sober', the slightly more up-beat 'Don't Waste Your Time', the laid back "Be Still", the simply awesome 'Maybe' and the fun 'How I Feel', which is definitely the most Breakaway-like song on the album.
Kelly has been criticised for perhaps being 'one-dimensional' in her writing and sound. Although many of her songs do seem to allude to break-ups and ex's, the album and Kelly herself are far from 'one-dimensional'.
'Haunted' is apparently about someone that commited suicide and the beautiful 'Irvine' appears to have religious undertones. I feel these songs bring a variety to 'My December'. There are also some more light-hearted tracks such as 'Yeah' and 'Can I Have A Kiss?'.
Overall, 'My December' is a brilliant and mature return from the Queen of pop/rock, containing a diversity that's new to her work. Kelly sings with a certain honesty and emotion that seems to be absent in many of todays artists.
Personally, I'd advise you to give 'My December' a chance. Be patient because it will grow, and it will be brilliant.
Rock on Kelly!
kelly has a fantastic voice and the songs are beautiful and nicely written. i would have liked a few songs that talked about more upbeat topics but i respect kelly for sticking to how she feels at the moment and talking about it in her songs.
Nobody feels happy all the time and i respect songwriters (kelly did co-write all the songs in this cd) who show us their true feelings in an album. next album might be more upbeat or not but that's not up to me to decide or even judge. some reviewers seems too eager to throw stones but i think people deserve a break and freedom to express themselves.
i say buy it, let it grow on you and keep supporting kelly. she's a true superstar :)
Kelly Clarkson has grown up and is obviously tired of singing the syrupy ballads her record company advised her to when she had won American Idol. This is a much more mature album than Breakaway (which was a stunning album, if not a little over-produced), this is a much more raw album, with confessional lyrics and her vocals not so overstretched. A lot of this reminds me of Pink, who seems to be able to get away with being feisty as that was the image she set out with in the beginning.
I think Clarkson will find a bigger fanbase in the UK, as we are more willing to accept people taking a change in direction.
this is an album that you need to listen to a few times to 'get it' so to speak, I would have given this album 3 to 4 stars on first listen, not because it is in any way inferior to other current music, but because "Breakaway" was such a stupendously crackingly amazing brilliant album and a huge act to follow up on
I have to say though after a few listens to My December, I absolutely Love it, and don't hesitate to give it a full 5 stars, this is a seriously great album.
if you are a Kelly fan and you are wondering if she has fallen short with My December then ignore the rather pathetic music press and grab a copy as soon as possible, you will love it.
1) Never Again : Very good start. Definitely has that breakaway twang. Good way to say goodbye to the kelly we saw in 2004. Quite a powerful song with some serious attitude. Don't mess with Kelly.
2) One Minute : A very upbeat single that could do well on the radio. Sorta says "everything can change and I keep falling down" Good song. Though the start "running on empty" just wasn't good for the Daytona 500 =P
3) Hole : Even though this song could suffer from some crude sex jokes it's got quite a sad meaning. Very, you hurt me and look what you left behind. A broken girl with no heart.
4) Sober : One of the highlight's of the album. Musically, it's spectacular. Lyrically, it's quite a "I want to move on and take a chance" a theme the next song will continue. Also continues a theme from Breakway - addicted.
5) Don't waste your time : Wonderful. A song for anyone who just can't move on because the world just won't let you forget your past. I think anyone and everyone can relate to this song.
6) Judas : A very strange feel to it. Very biblical as well. It's got quite a fast tempo to it which should do well on the radio's as well. Though the repetitive nature of the song can become quite annoying at times.
7) Haunted : Next highlight of the album. Brilliant. So wonderfully written. The piano section you can hear at the start gives it a very melancholy feel and also quite a depressing rhythm to an already sad song.
8) Be Still : Not very much a favourite of mine, infact, i just can't get into this song.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I simply can't understand why some people don't rate this album. Not one duff track on it and the usual outstanding vocals. Give it a go you won't be disappointed!Published 15 months ago by Steven Marshall