Mustek ScanExpress A3 2400S Flatbed Scanner - Black
|Price:||£220.51 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£28.49 (11%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Great for scanning magazines, comics, newspapers, and large documents in under 10 seconds
- Scan full colour images up to A3 size
- Value-added software bundled for easy Scan, Copy, PDF, Email and OCR
- 48-bit true colour scanning
- CIS technology; high speed USB 2.0 connection
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Must ScanExpress A3 2400S flatbed scanner Scan full colour images up to A3 size. 2400dpi x 2400dpi optical resolution. Hi-speed USB 2.0 Interface. 48-bit true colour scanning. Value-added software bundled for easy Scan, Copy, PDF, Email and OCR. Compatible with PC and MAC. Application software PC: Scanner TWAIN driver, Panel V2.0, ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Sprint, ArcSoft MediaImpression 2, Adobe Acrobat Reader X. MAC: Scanner TWAIN driver, Image Acquire. Measures 555 mm length by 383 mm width by 88 mm height.
1x A3 2400S Scanner
1x User Guide
1x Text and Image Editing Software
1x Power Adapter
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I am still getting to grips with the scan options for this unit - OCR/PDF etc and I agree with most reviewers that the software provided is limited, confusing and far from easy to work out. The tool headers on the toolbar are not in a logical order and the handbook is of little help. Make sure you input your settings before scanning. Once scanned, even though you have specified a folder in which to save your file, you will see a copy of your scan with a ref number in the main menu area - don't worry your scan is in your folder and the copies will disappear once you exit the software.
1) Scanning to a jpg, tiff, bmp file is fabulous - I am scanning A3 artwork so I make sure that the 'colour match' box is selected (ie make it black). I have scanned to both 300dpi & 600dpi so far; both settings give superb detail !
2) Scanning to pdf is confusing - I found I had to scan the documents so that they all had their little copies in the menu box, then select them all and save to pdf file. It worked and the copy was good, but it is far more long winded that my cheap Epson scanner/printer. I suspect there may be a better way to do it so I'm still testing.
3) Scanning for an OCR - I haven't worked it out yet :(
4) The picture editing is far too basic - its OK to do an initial crop before saving the file, but I use PSP/Corel so I haven't explored the rest of the scanner's photo-editing software.
\I've given this scanner 4 stars becauue it was hassle free to set-up and I am very happy with the quality of the picture scanning. Definitely value for money for me.
It has a European plug attached and comes with a UK converter, this sticks out from the wall a bit and is my only small problem with the scanner.
Difficult to set settings
can't seem to set it to A4 so have to crop every time to save storage space
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have only used it once but it seems to scan ok and the lid has some flexibility which for an artist is required. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I was a little unsure about getting this given the mixed bag of reviews. Given my limited budget, i must say its a very good scanner. Read morePublished 3 months ago by jenna b.
Works fine, easy and quick to set up, decent quality and good value when you compare it to other products costing £1000 or more.Published 5 months ago by Gerald Short
This is not compatible with El Capitan. No help from support line. I am very angry.Published 5 months ago by f.g.martin
Rubbish.. I put up with it for a year..scanned about 40x.. it has just packed in... I won't buy another.. cost me £250...Published 6 months ago by Russ Banks
What a heap of crap. The driver software is useless and doesn't work with Windows 7 or 8 and the no-help-whatsover desk at Mustek just ignore you. Read morePublished 7 months ago by JASO
I purchased this scanner a few weeks ago. I'm very pleased by the result. Its' a scanner that is easy to operate and i would definetely recommende this product to everybody!Published 9 months ago by Karen